About option profit

Sir /mam i have buyed nifty call at 168.05 and the price of strike of 18500 ce got high of 175 but still my position was in loss at 1 lot. What was the problem my internet connection was also good. It was my first experience pls take it seriously.

Hi @Surendra,

The charts show consolidated average price for the scrip during the day, and consolidated P&L (including the closed position for the same scrip). Since your first position was closed at a loss, it was being considered for the P&L for the open position for the same scrip.

Feel free to reach out to our live channels, Phone (022-48906273) and Chat, for immediate assistance on such queries.

So in account what should i expect profit or loss since i closed this position at 175

@Surendra,

You may refer to the overall p&l value which is shown including all the trades.

Dear @Sameet, I am aware that the chat displays the consolidated average price since it is sometimes challenging to decide whether to exit a scalping trade with a tiny profit based on the consolidated price. It is possible to isolate each trade’s pnl as opposed to using a consolidated pnl. If so, that would be a fantastic feature. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. I am confident that the @Dhan team will include this feature if it is feasible.

Hi @DebadattaMahakud,

Thanks for your feedback, we have shared this to our team for further review. However, the trading system displays the average price for the same scrip transacted multiple times during the day.

Hello @SameetI, I appreciate your taking my advice into account. Being a non-techie, I have no understanding of how the trading display system functions. Since the trade-wise pnl is available in the algo trade platform and in the paper trade, I have an idea that if the @Dhan platform is able to display only open trade positions as separate pnl at least for intraday orders, that will be a unique feature and may attract many intraday traders to the @Dhan platform since the majority of retail traders engage in intraday trading and since no broker currently offers it.

Secondly, it will be beneficial to make speedy exit decision-making based on an open trade position pnl, in contrast to the current consolidated pnl. The @Dhan is renowned for its user-friendly features, which in my opinion might be a special and fantastic benefit for scalpers and intraday traders.

Let’s hope for the best. :green_heart: :green_heart:

1 Like