Charges are not well explained specifically for MTF positions - Query Resolved!

Firstly Kudos to Dhan team for create a unique platform to develop a community of practice & interaction with customers & hearing their voice.
There is a very clear message from the team that Dhan is here to play long with strong customer network & enriching investment journey.
Areas to focus & build some best practices to stay ahead of competition.
Charges are not transparent & not easy to understand when one is holding MTF positions!!
No SMS alerts for fund transactions & incase there are situations of margin shortfall. One has to check emails frequently.
There are sometimes lags in price discovery & placing orders even in high end IOS devices & agile network.
Customer servicing team is not throughly informed about the practices & processes.

Hi @SAACH, Welcome to Dhan community and thanks for your kind words about our product and experience.

With respect to MTF, we do provide an MTF Estimator before very transaction is done on our platform, Dhan is the first one to introduce something like this. And post transaction, as long as you have a MTF holding in your portfolio, Dhan will send you a statement everyday that shows all your positions, holdings, funded value and more. Additionally we show MTF positions distinctly in the portfolio as well.

Our charges on MTF are simple., 0.0438% per day or 15.99% pa which starts from the time stocks are delivered to your demat account. As a platform, we do not send any SMS alerts, if so then they are were rare. Dhan systems are absolutely working fine, if you notice any issue of price discovery - let us know and our team at @Dhan_Help will check and resolve. Any other feedback on our customer service, please share the same on feedback@dhan.co and our teams will definitely review this.

@PravinJ Please Explain:
If I take MTF position and do not pledge the stock and sell it in 2 days or so, will I be charged pledge charges?

I am getting Pledge and UN-Pledge messages and emails from CDSL. And there is no clear tag on the charges in your statements.

Dear @Ravinder_Sharma ,

If you do not pledge your shares for MTF and do not have enough funds in your account, your shares will automatically be transferred to CUSPA and a pledge will get created. You can read more about how CUSPA works here.

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan

1 Like