Collateral cash margin

In Dhan’s money tab we get bifurcation for available cash (opening balance) and collateral equity as whole. Can we also get a bifurcation for cash component collateral margin and non-cash collateral margin in collateral equity section like Zerodha?

That would be very helpful. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @Atharva,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion, we will surely share it with our team.

@Poornima Will State bonds be added for pledge/cash collateral? Right now I see only central govt. bonds and SGBs. Also, these are too illiquid, is Dhan planning to come out with Bonds section?

Also, there is no option of MF pledge. These are not even visible from DEMAT on Dhan. Plans to get this out soon?

@aaridrakamanu State Bonds (SDLs) are not liquid, in fact the spread in many cases is very very high. Hence unless SDLs become liquid and remain liquid for quite sometime, they cannot be used for pledge.

For bonds it is already in our roadmap and would be launching in phases. For the first phase, we would be coming up showing all the listed bonds with their yields so that traders or investors can get a Birds Eye view of disequilibrium in the bonds market. Stay Tuned!

2 Likes

Bonds meaning private bonds right?

Like the ones shown in GRIP , incredmoney etc right

Would these also be pledgeable😄

Thank you! @iamshrimohan Is there a way I can covert my aunt’s physical shares into Dhan DEMAT? Do I need to create an account for her or can I take it directly in my name as a family gift?

IF the ISIN’s are available with DHAN we can.

Not sure how frequently this is updated though, can’t find many ISINs and scrips.
@Poornima @iamshrimohan

Hi @aaridrakamanu

In this scenario, contact the registrar with the necessary documentation to transfer shares from your aunt’s name to yours. Alternatively, open a demat account in her name and dematerialize the shares.

Hi @aaridrakamanu

Regularly we update this sheet, do let us know which ISINs and scrip you searching for.

@aaridrakamanu As correctly said by @Divyesh you can contact the Registrar and do the process as per their SOP. However it is very time consuming as they require a lot of Documentation which needs to sent physically (to and fro at many times).

So the easy option is to Open an account for your Aunt on Dhan (The account opening is quick) and meanwhile you can send the Physical Certificates for Transfer to us, we can execute the process. Once the shares are Dematerialized in her name, you can transfer them to your account Dhan.

Thank you @iamshrimohan - please provide me the address to send this to Dhan. I will do a registered post.

@aaridrakamanu Firstly begin with the account opening process and address you can find on our website. Send the documents only after your account is open and active.

@iamshrimohan Account is pending KRA KYC. ISINs are verified (SBI shares). Which address out of these should I send to? Will do a speed post.

Registered Office: Office No. 14D, 4th Floor, Shri Krishna Chambers, 78, Bentick Street, Kolkata - 700001, West Bengal, India.
Corporate Office: A-302, The Western Edge I, Off Western Express Highway, Borivali East, Mumbai - 400066, Maharashtra, India. Land Line: 022-43116666.

@pavz Public and Private both - for now we are taking up category wise, starting with SGBs.

@aaridrakamanu You need to send to the Mumbai address. Also once the account is opened, then send the documents as you would require to send the DRF Form along with DP ID as well.

2 Likes