Coming Soon: Market Feed Data API from Dhan, Seeking Suggestions from Dhan Community

Thank u bro, did my basic homework for ur ws implemented and start my work from coming monday. Since ur ws feed is in ASCII not in plain text , so it may take more time than my assumption around a month.

@Hardik
any update on the market feed data API?
will this be tick by tick data feed and will we be able to connect this feed to quantower like other brokers 5 paisa/gill?

Hello @HIR

Yes, the team is back on it. We will release it soon on our open API layer.
On Quantower integration, it is already in beta phase on the platform. You can connect Dhan there, if you are a Beta user.

@Hardik
It is only trading api integrated with quantower
Will data feed api also be integrated??

Hello @HIR

Not in the initial phase, but we can ask them to explore this later.

@RahulDeshpande @Hardik @PravinJ
Awaiting update on Market data feed API release date.

Note: Many are equity and FNO traders and don’t need MCX, if issue is only with MCX data, why dont you release NSE part first and release MCX when the issue is resolved. ?

Hello @PravinJD

Yes, that’s understandable. However, we do not want to ship incomplete product here. We are coming up with this soon! Will reach out to you as soon as we ship this.

After waiting for many days, I have decided shift my trading to fyers. withdrawn the funds from my dhan account today . @Hardik @RahulDeshpande

fyers has very stable API, I have been testing it since last two weeks and I am quite happy with the performance. It has some limitation in terms of number of instruments that I can subscribe to but it is good enough to execute my strategy…

Adios until you guys come up with something concrete on market feed API rather that just “soon launching” statements

2 Likes

@Hardik Its been already September, when can we expect Market Feed API from Dhan. Without this its hard to deploy any strategies on options.

Its coming soon. We are already doing final testing of this, delay is because we had surge of users on Dhan - we had to stop everything and plan for scale and supporting the users before shipping additional ones.

1 Like

Any tentative timeline Pravin sir? I’ve been holding off my options trading due to this for a long time now.

Hello @swatijain

We will roll out hopefully in October itself, as soon as the testing is completed.

2 Likes

Most of the marketfeed data provider’s provide 1 tick per second. It is not the exact tick by tick data. I think if you can provide more ticks per second like atleast 5 ticks per second, it can be great. I know providing all ticks can be difficult.

Hello @stanly_thomas,

Good to see you around again. Yes, it will not be a 1 second snapshot, rather it will be at the same interval which you see on Dhan charts and apps.

1 Like

@Hardik
will we get this live data in Quantower like other brokers are providing?

@HIR

It will take some time, as the integration has to be done by Quantower team. But yes, we will discuss this with their team.

Hi Hardik!
Nice to hear an update on this. By the way it is October now :slight_smile:
So are we expecting the launch of market feed API any time now? :smiley:

1. Websocket data has to be continuous. Zero blockages as strategies and orders are dependant on this data
  2. It has to be free till 500 symbols atleast
  3. easy to code, has to be just plug and play so that users can remove earlier broker logic for connecting websocket and start using dhan
  4. it should provide VWAP and Greek data along with OHLC

Any update on the market feed API? we are nearing the october end. Atleast a beta version can be released as we can start our coding and build stratergies

2 Likes

Hi @srinivasr We gave given access of same to few users and are gathering feedback from them.