Dhan TV - Option Chain Default Expiry

Hey @Naman ,

I ended up trading a wrong expiry today since by default the option chain loaded the monthly contact which is not the usual behavior.

:frowning:

Can you please ensure options chain is loaded by default with the nearest weekly expiry? You can also think of providing a radio buttons (weekly/monthly) by default selected with weekly.

Always the most liquidity exists in the nearest contracts because these contrasts are actively traded during intraday.

2 Likes

Hi @amit

The expiry on the option chain by default comes same as the expiry of the scrip on the chart. Option chain is discoverable from charts (right click > dialog box), and whatever the expiry of the scrip on the chart is the default expiry of the option chain.

@Naman ,

and If underlying chart is of a spot index, what should be the default expiry for the option chain, weekly/monthly?

Brother, please stop posting every issue of yours on the community, contact their support, they are very prompt.

@turing0102 ,

Well, It’s not my personal issue, it’s about the product bugs and feedback in general. I’ve also contacted them on support, email and on phone when it’s absolutely necessary.

In general, it should help community and the product to do better in the long run.

4 Likes

keep going @amit ,having similar observations but not finding time to post here. u are doing a good job ! :handshake: :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Dhan Team, @Dhan
I am also seeing this issue. I have NIFTY/BNF Option Chain in my watchlist. Every time I click on it, the default chain that open is the monthly expiry. Please fix this or give an option to set the default chain to nearest expiry. This happens in the Advance Option Chain also.

recently after new library updated , one issue came on observation related to option chain…

when we are using multi-window layout (2 windows) & when we click option chain of selected script, the very first time it doesn’t open the option chain of selected script rather it opens the totally different script option chain or opens the option chain of another stock which is there in multi window layout. so we have to again close the option chain , again open the option chain , have to select the next expiry if we are trading in the stock options in the last week of expiry. i hope u get the point & problem i mentioned… if not feel free to contact me for more details… @Naman