Does intraday daily minute charts api work for indices?

How do I get intraday daily minute data for indices like BN & NIFTY? None of the following worked for me.

dhan.intraday_daily_minute_charts(“26009”,
“NSE_EQ”,
“INDEX”)

“IDX_I”,
“INDEX”)

“NSE_EQ”,
“EQUITY”)

Hello @softice

Yes, data APIs do work for indices as well. Over here, you have to enter the correct security ID as per the Scrip Master List to be able to fetch the index OHLC.

For example, to fetch BANKNIFTY, “securityID” = “25” and “exchangeSegment” = “IDX_I”

Hope this helps!

Hi Hardik,

i am not getting the data with below request for FINNIFTY and Bank Nifty Index data for Intraday . .

BANKNIFTY

‘{
“securityId”: “25”,
“exchangeSegment”: “IDX_I”,
“instrument”: “INDEX”
}’

FINIFTY
‘{
“securityId”: “27”,
“exchangeSegment”: “IDX_I”,
“instrument”: “INDEX”
}’

Can you please help here. Is am i missing something.

Manoj

Hello @msuryawanshi

First of all, welcome to Dhan Community!

Can you please share the response received at your end - whether it was a blank data frame or an error code. Along with that, can you also help me with the particular time when you called this API.

Thanks Hardik for your response.

I was trying this on week end so i’m getting empty response. But on weekday i’m getting the data.

Thanks

MS

@msuryawanshi

Understood. We have noted this error as this is not an intended behavior since there is no such downtime on weekends. We will try to replicate this at our end and deploy fixes, if required.

Error : {‘status’: ‘failure’, ‘remarks’: {‘error_code’: ‘RS-9005’, ‘message’: ‘Data not available’}, ‘data’: ‘’}
Getting above error!!!

candleData = dhan.intraday_daily_minute_charts(
security_id = ‘25’,
exchange_segment = ‘IDX_I’,
instrument_type = ‘INDEX’
)

please let me know if i am missing out something

Hello @BhaveshMestry

Index data is available as part of Intraday Historical Data APIs. Can you confirm when were you trying to fetch the data.

Do note that Intraday Historical Data is only available for current day!

1 Like

Thanks Hardik for your quick response!!! :innocent:

1 Like