How could I buy a stock at higher price than historical value

I have a stock holding in Piramal Enterprises:

As you could see the Purchase date is 14th Feb 2022 and the average buy price is ~2300/share. Now when I check the historical price of Piramal Enterprise, the maximum it has reached is ~1651/share.

I wonder how I could buy a share at much price than historical value.

Could someone explains this to me. It is creating doubt in my mind about Dhan and all the holding I have through Dhan.

Hi @gmatesunny,

There was a recent corporate action in this company (Demerger), and the price was adjusted in exchanges on 30th August. Accordingly, historical prices are also adjusted at the exchange level.

However, the trade price is the actual buy price so it is not adjusted.

Hope this clairfies.

Regards,
Jay K.
Head - Customer Support

1 Like

Any idea when the new stocks will be allocated to stock holders after demerger ?

Hi @gmatesunny,

Since, Piramal Pharma is not listed yet it is not reflecting in your portfolio.

You can further check the same in your DP holding statement.

Regards,
Poornima

1 Like

Can I get a fix for this now ? so that I have real profit or loss figure available.

Hi @gmatesunny

We are having this check, please allow us some time, and we will get back to you shortly.

Any updates? Regarding this

Hi @gmatesunny

This was not an issue in Piramal; it was related to a corporate action of the demerger. The average price has been adjusted as per the cost of acquisition provided by the company. Hence it reflects the different P&L.

You can check here:- https://www.piramal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/PEL-PPL-Demerger_Report-to-determine-Cost-of-Acqusition-S.-492C_Signed.pdf

If I understood it correctly, then even historical buying price shall have been updated to reflect the correct P& L.

As the current calculation of p&l based on older price is wrong and not factual. So my question is dhan going to fix it?

Hi @gmatesunny

The adjustment of the demerger has been already updated according to the cost price. Additionally, we have shared the calculation on your registered mail ID.

1 Like