Imp: Mandatory Settlement of Running Accounts on 6th January 2023

Imp: Mandatory Settlement of Running Accounts on 6th January 2023

Hello everyone,

The settlement cycle across the Stock Broking Industry was standardised last year. This mandated Dhan to settle the credit balances in trading accounts on the first Friday of every quarter.

To put it simply, any account funds / balance that is not used in your Dhan trading account will be sent back to your Bank Account. Thus, for the previous quarter, we will be processing the settlement on Friday, 6th January 2023.

Hereā€™s is how it impacts you:

Once the quarterly settlement is processed, we will send back the unutilized funds in your trading account back to your registered bank account, which means your trading account on Dhan will have zero balance.

If you want to take a trade on Monday, 9th January 2023, you will have to add funds back to your Dhan trading account on Saturday or Sunday or when the markets open on Monday using any of the following methods:

• UPI
  • Netbanking
  • Smart Transfer with RTGS / NEFT

Friendly Remember: On Dhan, fund addition via any method is absolutely free of cost. We do not charge you for adding money to your Dhan account or withdrawing it.

We have covered all the FAQs regarding the settlement process here - Important: Update in the Settlement of Running Accounts

Enjoy your trading & investing experience on Dhan.

Thank you

Rajesh Jain

4 Likes

Processing on Friday night post commodity market close right ?

Also if positions taken , till how much percentage is left un touched to avoid this pay in pay out.

Yes, provided you have position in commodity segment

1 Like

Total 225% of EOD margin against open positions which is a combination of 50% as cash margin and 175% as margin pledge may be retained. Any excess will be returned back. you may refer the post for more details

1 Like

Hi, My primary bank account is closed and I checked on dhan that my funds are not there and also got a mail on 7 Jan regarding ā€œsettlement of unused funds doneā€, so I assume they got settled. But in my case, the primary account is closed so what will happen now? Please reply as I am very worried about it.

Hi @Rajesh5876,

Welcome to Dhan community!

If the primary bank account is closed then the amount will be reversed to your Dhan ledger.

For more details, drop us an email at help@dhan.co or call us on 022-4890 6273.