Introducing Trader’s Best Friend: Trailing Stop Loss on Dhan

Can we enhance this trailing stop loss feature, such that instead of taking only trailing jump as parameter it should take 2 parameter LTP Jump and SL Jump.

Suppose I’m long on ABC ltd. Bought at 100, SL is 90 and Target is 130.

So once in the trade I want to trail SL jump 1 when LTP jump 2. i.e for each 2 rupee jump in price my SL jump 1 rupee in favour. And both these parameters should accept decimal values as well. And there should be a way to place trailing SL in Bracket order.

Regards, Sahil

Hi @Sahil

Thanks for your request and suggestion. We have noted.

Although, the most popular Trailing SL method is with single type of jump, traders like to trail in same ratio as the movement of LTP.

Trailing SL jump at dhan takes value in decimal as well. And below is our take on TSL with Bracket Order.

I think it would be more awesome if the Trailing stop loss is more flexible then trailing in the Same ratio as the movement of LTP.

@PravinJ
when will this be done?

Its work in progress @HIR

HOW CAN I PUT TRAILLING STOP LOSS & STOP LOSS IN MY DELIVERY TRADING.

PLS HELP ME OUT… i can not find this in delivery trading

Hi @SM70

Delivery trades are done with the intention of buying the stocks. Hence this isn’t available there.

If you are doing intraday trading in these stocks, you will see the option to add Trailing Stop Loss.

Could we have Bracket order for delivery trades as it’s in trading view, thanks

@PravinJ
I know I am little pushing but do you have any timeline for this to be done by what time?

Is this available when we are trading directly from chart on TV?

Hello Pravin,

I have 3 questions:

1. Can we set TSL from the chart it self or only from the dashboard or app?
  2. Can we set Forever orders from chart or only from the dashboard or app?
  3. I heard the Forever order can only been set for buy and not sell. Is this right & if so would want to know the reason for the same.

Kind Regards,
Sharath

Great steps & waiting for these updates. Good luck and all the best for new features!

Thanks Dhan Team. Very helpful feature🙏

Hello Pravin,

Any update on my above query?

Kind Regards,
Sharath

Great feature this is, I used it and enjoyed it… boleto Zakkkas! :star_struck: Do such extremely wow features as usual…

Well done team, keep it up! :smiling_face: :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks for your note @Sunny1. Welcome to Dhan community.

Thank you @Ramawadh for your kind words. Welcome to Dhan community.

Hi @Sharath

Missed responding to this, apologies. Lately there are been many messages on the community, while I or team try to review and respond to all, somehow this got missed.

TSL: is one that we are allowing users to place via Manage Positions section of App or Web.
Forever Orders: you can place via App & Web
Forever Orders: Earlier you could set this for buy only, now you can set this for Buy / Sell along with OCO (Target & Stop Loss) for Futures & Options. For Equity, it is only for Buy side.

Chartings on Dhan - we use as much as possible for to use native experience of TradingView (tv.dhan.co) and build on top of that. However you can get same full Trading on Charts experience also on Dhan web - web.dhan.co, where you can add Forever Orders / TSL as well.

1 Like

hi not able to understand tata motor example as it says buying price of 410and Treling SL kept at trigger 400. my question is why shud i sell my stock at loss of 10 rs can anybody please expalin this to me is proper way?thanks

KINDLY ADD STOP LOSS & TARGET FOR DELIVERY ORDER.

please