Introducing: Trader's Diary on Dhan

Hi @PravinJ ,

If you think from the user’s perspective, both are part of the backend reporting system and hence it should be always in sync when users opens anyone, otherwise it shows inconsistency and confuses the user.

Few minutes/hours of lag can be understandable, but an overnight lag shall not be acceptable for any user friendly system.

2 Likes

And yes it bugged so much.when you have profit and loss of other figures and every Saturday trader diary decide to change thise figures on its own.

Hey @Dhan users,

Is custom range calculation in sync with monthly calculations?

Unfortunately, it has never shown correct result for me .

:sob:

May be @Kiran @Pranita @PravinJ can clarify and provide a fix.

3 Likes

Hi @pushpa,

You are right, we are working on it.

1 Like

Hey, you can now download trade history. Read more on this here - Update: Now you can download Trade History as CSV

1 Like

@Dhan_Help @shraddha

The web version custom date range option doesn’t work - It shows incorrect PnL and charges and has discrepancy with PnL statement (sent via email). Please fix.

Custom date range option is also limited to 3 months. Please expand this date range and give the ability to show atleast 12 months. Multi year would be ideal like Zerodha console does.

Also on mobile app please bring the option to display pnl and charges for a custom date range selected by the user.

1 Like

In trade diary, can you pls make these options selectable so that I can see Pnl as well as charges for each segement

Hi @erankitjain,

As you rightly suggested we have discussed this internally, As it looks small but it’s a big change. Please give us sometime we’ll soon add it to our priority list.

1 Like

Hi @lasymoney thanks for sharing your UCC.

As per your trade history, you had SOLD 2 lots of Vedanta (VEDL) 330 PE option for Feb 23 Expiry. Vedanta had fixed February 4 (Saturday) as the record date for its 4th interim dividend of Rs. 12.50. Since this dividend is was than 2% of then CMP, there will be adjustment in the open F&O position(s) on the record date.

Hence, your position got closed on 3rd February 2023 (at 23:59:59) by buying them at Rs. 0.00 which gave you a profit (which is reflected in P&L) and at the same time, new position got created with adjusted strike price (330 - 12.50) = 318. Since this “entry” is not a trade as per se, this is not captured in the Trader’s Diary.

So overall, no change in P&L except this entry :smile:

You can see your open position will now be of the strike 318. The selling price of the new position is same as the old one, just change in the strike.

Is there any plan to include equity curve of the portfolio as well?

Hi @LDas welcome to Dhan community! Yes we have this feature to be added in the product roadmap.

1 Like

Thanks @iamshrimohan for the explanation. Just a follow up question…“So overall, no change in P&L except this entry”.
If I square off my current VEDL 330 PE position then if I book some profit say 20k then monthly PnL in trader’s diary will have both pnl? But the actual pnl will be only the realised pnl upon my square off for this position?

Hi @lasymoney no it will only have the actual one. Once you close your trade, do reach out to me. I’ll help you with the detailed calculation! :slight_smile:

Happy Trading!

Why does the trader’s diary take so long to update? It’s already April 7th, but the previous day’s trades are still showing as if no trades were made and there is no data to display.

1 Like

Hi @govimalvi , Welcome to Dhan Community.

Generally, the Trader’s Diary is updated at 9.00 AM everyday for your yesterday trade. Read more here.

Request you to drop us an email at help@dhan.co with your details to check on your specific case.

Hi Team Dhan,

I am writing to request the following changes to the Trader’s Dairy:

• Currently, the Trader’s Dairy only allows users to add text notes. I would like to request that you add the ability to add images, charts, and other media to the dairy. This would allow users to more effectively track their trading activity and learn from their successes and failures.
  • I would also like to request that you add the ability to tag entries in the dairy. This would allow users to easily find specific entries by topic or theme.

Currently, Traders Dairy only allows users to add simple text notes. This can be difficult to read when there is a lot of detail in the note, as the text is limited to a small space. I would suggest adding the ability to expand notes, so that users can view more text without having to scroll. This would make it easier to read and understand long notes, and would be a valuable addition to the Trader’s Dairy.

I believe that these features would make the Trader’s Dairy a more powerful and useful tool for traders. I would appreciate it if you could look into these requests and make them available in the next update.

1. Expand the note option
    Screenshot 2023-08-03 100338

I would suggest adding an “expand note” option to the Trader’s Dairy. This option could be placed in the upper-right corner of the note, and it would allow users to click on it to expand the note so that they can read it in full. This would be a valuable addition to the Trader’s Dairy, as it would make it easier for users to read long notes without having to scroll.

In addition to the “expand note” option, I would also suggest adding basic text editing tools to the Trader’s Dairy. These tools would allow users to format their notes, making them easier to read and understand. For example, users could use these tools to bold, underline, highlight, or change the color of the font in their notes. This would be a valuable addition to the Trader’s Dairy, as it would allow users to customize their notes and make them more visually appealing.

Screenshot 2023-08-03 100412
for example, refer this

These text editing tools can help traders write trade journals in a more effective way. Instead of using only simple black font, traders can use these tools to highlight important areas of their journals, making them easier to read and understand. This can be especially helpful for traders who are trying to track their progress or identify areas where they need to improve.

The third option is to upload screenshots or images. This feature is very helpful because it allows traders to add visual data to their trade journals. This can be especially helpful for traders who are trying to track their progress or identify areas where they need to improve.

For example, a trader could upload a screenshot of a chart showing the entry and exit points for a trade. This would allow the trader to see exactly where they entered and exited the trade, as well as the price action that led up to the trade. This visual data can be very helpful for traders who are trying to learn from their mistakes or identify patterns in their trading.

In addition, screenshots and images can also be used to illustrate specific concepts or ideas in a trade journal. For example, a trader could upload a screenshot of a news article that influenced their decision to enter a trade. This would allow the trader to record their thought process and explain why they made the decision they did.

Overall, I believe that the ability to upload screenshots and images would be a valuable addition to the Trader’s Dairy. It would allow traders to add visual data to their journals, which can be very helpful for learning and improving.

Here are some additional benefits of being able to upload screenshots and images to trade journals:

• Increased clarity: Visual data can help to clarify complex concepts and ideas. This can be especially helpful for traders who are trying to learn new trading strategies or concepts.
  • Improved understanding: Visual data can help traders to better understand their trades and the markets. This can lead to improved trading performance and increased learning.
  • Increased engagement: Visual data can make trade journals more engaging and informative. This can make it more likely that traders will read and use their journals.

I hope that you will definitely look into these suggestions and make these changes to the Trader’s Dairy. These changes would be a great help to the trader community, as they would allow traders to write more detailed trade journals and analyze their trades in a better way. This could lead to improved trading performance and increased learning for traders.

3 Likes

Hey @Rohitsingh ,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion. We will evaluate this at our end.

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan

Please consider this point because it’s helpful for all the trading community and super trader

1 Like

Hi @Kiran ,

Is there support to export Trader’s Diary to CSV or XLSX file?

So that we traders can analyse our trades by plotting charts & graphs in XLSX files.

CC: @PravinJ

Hi team
Can we make like this like on date it’s show how many trade we taken on that day including green and red ( Green and red already implemented in dhan)
It’s give us bird eyes view that if we doing overtrading and all by looking at calendar
I thinks it’s small but good things hope u guys implement this in next update

1 Like