Introducing Webhook Alerts : Direct Order Placements on TradingView from Dhan

Yes, you can.

Regards,
Dhan Customer Support

@Naman @RahulDeshpande @Dhan_Help
डायरेक्ट Tv+dhan वरून अलर्ट कसा सेट करायचा?
सेट केलेले अलर्ट Tv+dhan वर कुठे बघायचे?
ज्या price वर अलर्ट सेट केलाय तिथे हॉरीझॉनटल लाईन येत नाही का?

Hi @nnJhavarePatil,

The alerts features you see on TradingView have not been extended on the version hosted on Dhan. At the same time, we are working to enhance the Price Alerts feature. We have noted your suggestions.

Regards,
Dhan Customer Support

@Dhan_Help

It would be nice if you guys can support and array of JSON objects and not just a single JSON object. It would help then to place multiple orders at the same time an alert comes from TV. This is very useful for systems with stop and reverse kind of entry / exit condition. We will need to sell the current position in one instrument and then buy in to a new position in another instrument. E.g:- Sell a put option and buy a call option. Something like this

[{
“transactionType”: “S”,
“orderType”: “MKT”,
“quantity”: “1250”,
“price”: “0”,
“exchange”: “{{exchange}}”,
“secret”: “hnh7J”,
“tradingSymbol”: “{NIFTY 30 JUN 16300 PUT}”,
“productType”: “C”
}, {
“transactionType”: “B”,
“orderType”: “MKT”,
“quantity”: “1250”,
“price”: “0”,
“exchange”: “{{exchange}}”,
“secret”: “hnh7J”,
“tradingSymbol”: “{NIFTY 30 JUN 16100 CALL}”,
“productType”: “C”
}]

Other kind of multi leg options strategies would also benefit from this kind of an implementation.

4 Likes

Valid feedback, making a note of this.

1 Like

@Dhan_Help is tradingview alert placeholder {{strategy.order.action}} supported ? This means the transaction type sent will be “buy” or “sell” instead of “B” or “S”. If not it would be nice to support this. Otherwise everytime after one signal we will have to modify the alert message manually which in a way defeats the purpose of automation.

To rephrase this

If the webhook transaction type in JSON object can use “buy” and “sell” we can use TV strategy alerts to autotrade using TV placeholders.

• Currently we have to manually reconfigure the JSON transaction type after each order placement.

• If we try to reconfigure the alert by changing transaction type another order is fired by TV alert which gets generated on reconfiguration if we do this on the signal candle.

2 Likes

Hi @t7support

Thanks for your feedback and request. We will discuss internally and evaluate if we can come up with your suggestion. Will keep you posted.

1 Like

Thanks. Looking forward to this implementation. Also if I replace the ticker field with appropriate option contract symbol name will it work ?

I set up a basket order with required option contracts. Then triggered the basket order using webhook. That is working.

1 Like

Can webhook and order placement work with chartink

No. It works directly on tradingview website only via alert window webhook option.

Hi,

I joined dhan specifically for this function. Can we get an update on.

1. Index futures support by tv webhook.
  2. Support for {{strategy.order.action}}

I’m currently running my algo on AWS and I would like to move away, thanks.

1 Like

I am not getting bracket order option through TradingView Webhook.

Dear @Naman, @Pravin ji
I had created webhook for ApolloHosp and Coforge. Apollo Hospitals executed, but Coforge did not execute on Dhan trading account although it triggered alert condition on Tradingview.
Screen shot of alert log below

You are requested to support in resolving this.
Thanks
Amit K

Dhan Team
Is there any plan to add webhooks alerts on Dhan mobile app as well.

Hi @killedar.amit ,

It was working fine from our end. But we request you to please do highlight it to us if you again face this issue.

As of now, focus is on creating more seamless webhook execution experience on web only. We have noted your feedback on adding webhook alerts on Dhan app as well.

Are direct option contract orders supported via webhook (not via basket order) ? If so what would be the ticker format ?

Hi @t7support

Tradingview do not have options data and charts. Hence it is challenging and less feasible to directly trade options via Webhook.

That ain’t a problem. We can construct the symbol name using code and then place it on the ticker field. E.g :- if am bullish on Nifty lets buy an ITM call option like systems would benefit from it. Also most option strategies which look at the underlying for direction would benefit from it. But we don’t know what symbol name would the webhook support ?