Live Now: Bracket Orders for Options Trading on Dhan

Hello @Hardik, today I tested the bracket order for options trading and my target got hit and the other leg (sl) exited/ got cancelled automatically

Thank you for such a nice feature in the option segment.
@Dhan @PravinJ

3 Likes

Welcome. Always good to see this screen in Green :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today Morning I exited this position again I tried to enter again the same strikes. When I try to Re-enter it says like insufficient margin…

Because of this error, I could not able to adjust my positions

As it mentions- Margin may be insufficient. We will not be able to assist for such queries on forums, this is specific to your account. Request you to please connect with Customer Support on help@dhan.co and team @Dhan_Help will assist.

its in intraday only.

hi @Madhavs - yes, we removed it temporarily to work on some feedback we have got. Will be enabled soon.

1 Like

any time line on when this will be enabled back… I took dhan account especially to use this feature

Hi @ajais Welcome to Dhan community. Very soon - we are going to test the new updates in the next mock trading session before we open to all users.

3 Likes

Looks like the BO are back. Are there any changes to them?

Welcome to Dhan community @sushanthsudhir. They are back, along with Cover Orders now.

2 Likes

Thank you @PravinJ @Dhan for bringing back the bracket order along with CO.
I have two concern in option trader app

1. Why the BO is not available with market price (only limit price is available)
  2. While adding to basket the BO and CO are not showing (needed while hedging in a single order )
    Kindly look into this issues
    Screenshot attached

Hi @DebadattaMahakud, sure. Here are the responses

1. Bracket Orders at Market Price are not permitted by exchanges, hence only Limit Orders. Even if any platform shows it as Market Price, it goes as a Limit Order with MPP (Market Price Protection). @Hardik has mentioned about this in the announcement post above.
  2. While adding to baskets, we will review. Also you can easily add another leg to the same basket for now, most of your users do what you are suggesting already :slight_smile:
2 Likes

DEAR @PravinJ jee thank you for your quick response.

Thank you @PravinJ @Dhan for providing the BO & CO order options. I tried BO and placed an order to buy 300 quantity of Nifty option. The order got filled at different prices eg. 174.95, 175, 175.05 and with that I also ended up having 3 difference Stop-Loss orders and 3 Target Orders. I guess this is understandable considering the order was filled at different prices. But it could be get ugly if the qty is more and gets filled at different prices. However, the issue was, when I tried to modify any of the 3 Stop-Loss orders or the 3 Target orders, the system rejected the requested every time saying cannot modify 1 leg as order has 2 more legs. Eventually my Stop-Loss was hit and ended up paying brokerage & charges for 3 Stop-Loss orders.

Has anybody encountered similar issue when modifying a multiple leg Bracket Order?

@Dhan can you please check this at your end and confirm/resolve?

2 Likes

hi @Market_Wizard, request you to drop a note on this to @Dhan_Help on help@dhan.co. We do not have user access data, will have this looked into with our team. We didn’t receive any such notes from users - will ask them to go thru logs for your account.

Thanks
for the update . while using web version , can we drag the price and update the orders instantly . basically drag and drop option available for BO order is available ?

Drag and drop is available for normal orders, not for bracket orders. Charting systems on TradingView are not compatible to include Bracket Orders at the moment.

1 Like

Hi @hustler

Just to add, you can update/modify your existing Bracket order instantly via charts by drag & drop.

Yes it is available in chat …today I tried it … target and sl can be modified via drag and modify options
Thank you @Dhan

But today the Cover order was not available in option trader app
Screenshot taken during market hour and attached for your reference