Need more reform in account related implementations

App as a whole is good , neat UI and layout. But same cant be said about whole experience. some major changes which need to tender more user friendly account related activities, such as

1. Account modification process such as changing registered phone number and mobile is very outdated. It requires we to send scanned copy of pan card laong with signature and reason to change , also it takes a week to update mobile number and phone number. This is not user-friendly and very outdated approach. Tech team can work on that and bring features to change them online via e-sign process using Aadhaar card number.

2. Changing primary bank account
    Again this process in completely offline and we need to download account modification form , fill and send it to their address. Again, a very lengthy and outdated approach, even when we can add new bank account online then what’s the issue in changing primary bank account? I still can’t think a good reason not to do that. It’s just matter of a click and again it can be verify using Aadhaar based OTP verification.

3. Password of Dhan App

This is actually very funny, while registering on dhan community, I need to use minimum 10 alpha numeric for a password because it don’t allow less than this number of letter and digit, but in App max password character is limited to 12 which is again very funny. In my opinion password characters should be restricted to using maximum number of letters and words, yes minimum character can be set standard at 8 characters which is again not a weak.option, but max character should be allowed at 20.

I’m hoping our team can work on that and bring these changes in their next update as I really love the App , the UI. But something is missing which deter it to become a best trading platform, I hope my word will be listen .
Thank you, and wish you good luck in your future endeavours.

Hi @amrit92 ,

Wish you a Happy New Year and welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

I lead onboarding at Dhan and would be happy to answer your queries:

1: I completely understand your pain point - our aim at Dhan is to make all account-related modifications online eventually. However, since these changes have to reflect in all the intermediaries where we initially send your data during onboarding, we have to individually work with each of them to make it seamless and fast. Having said this, I’m happy to share that change of mobile and email would be available very soon (January 2023).

2: This is also on our roadmap - however, I am unable to provide an exact timeline for the same. If this is urgent for you, I can ensure that the process is streamlined for you.

3: The password restrictions of Dhan has been decided based on our internal password policy. We keep a lot of factors in mind while deciding this, to balance security and convenience. Considering the recent changes in regulation from exchanges, which mandates a knowledge factor (PIN/Password) and a possession factor (OTP), along with biometric authentication, we recommend activating biometric on your mobile device (if not done already) and using QR-based login our web platforms. These are extremely secure and fast ways to access your trading account.

Thank you for sharing these suggestions and believing in Dhan. I look forward to your feedback and continued support. :slight_smile:

Wow, this made my day. Yes , we have plenty of option to login Dhan app securely and TOTP based authentication is indeed very secure. I hope rest features like changing mobile numbers email and primary bank account will be available from App or website itself. Which will make overall experience best in class .

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Hi @amrit92 , we had taken note of your request and are very excited to share that we are now LIVE with Online Email / Mobile Modification on Dhan App (Both Android and iOS). We will soon be extending this feature on Dhan Web as well. Here’s a walk-through for you to get started with your account modification process: Now Live: Update Email / Mobile Online
In case of any queries, feel free to add them to the thread.

Hi @amrit92 ,

Happy to inform you that we heard your request, and now you can update your primary bank account in Dhan digitally.

Below are the steps on how you can do it:

1. Simply navigate to the “Banks” section on your Dhan app or web by clicking on the “Money” tab
  2. Click on the “More” button on any of your secondary bank that you want to change to Primary
  3. Click on “Set as Primary Account”
  4. Give your consent to deduct ₹25 (+GST) from your Dhan ledger
  5. Provide your confirmation on the bank you want to change to Primary
  6. Proceed to eSign with the Aadhaar number you used to open your Dhan account

You can read more about our newest feature here.

We look forward to having your inputs and contribution in our community.