Option chain stuck in web

Yes please don’t downgrade to mini option chain. Zerodha kite has mini option chain and to load full we need to use sensibull app. But that is a problem at their end. One of the reason why I and my fellow traders migrated to Dhan.

Most brokers now have full option chain in their app. For instance the all zero Finvasia has it on their shoonya app. So please keep it full blown. I was just highlighting a minor glitch that I noted. May be something that can be fixed at your end.

1 Like

@PravinJ @Dhan_Help

There definitely is a problem with the option chain load time on web. For last 2 minutes the chain has not loaded. Its just stuck like the image below. In mobile I tried and it took around 15 seconds to load it.

Mobile app type loading dhan indicator will also be a nice addition rather than just a blank page section.

Hi @t7support,

We checked and found this to be working fine. We are always working to optimize and improve all our platforms. We have noted your feedback.

screen-capture (12)

Regards,
Dhan Customer Support

As I posted earlier this behaviour is sporadic and happens close to market open in the first 15 minutes or so.

1 Like

On further checking this is my inference

If we go to Dhan FnO watchlist, click on Nifty option chain and load the option chain it is super fast.

If we go to another custom watchlist, click on an option and then load the option chain it takes time. Again this doesn’t happen always. It is sporadic.

1 Like

Hey @t7support ,

If possible do the screen recording, otherwise at the support end it will be kept working fine.

:slight_smile:

It happens on TV too, Sometimes it takes too much time to load after clicking (doesn’t open even after 5 clicks) and sometimes it is super quick. Yes, it doesn’t happen always, only sometimes but that “Sometime” can be a crucial breakout point and really don’t wanna stress out at that moment.

Yes me too experienced this on WEB today

Example: IBULL HOUSING FINANCE ( Took around 3 refreshes to appear)

1 Like

Not only option chain freezes but even charts too…I have added recordings in my posts…Chart is freezing and taking lot of time to refresh. Worst experience as it make this Demat useless

@PravinJ

On testing today this is loading fast. Not sure whether you guys have done some hacks at your end.

2 Likes

Few things yes, more to come.

All this feedback from users, helps us build things that matter. Thanks to all.

3 Likes

Hi @t7support @pavz @Ravish_SN @ayaan @nageshkaudgaonkar

We have further enhanced the performance of this across all platforms where Option Chain is available. Request to please check and let us know if you experience any lag.

4 Likes

No lag noticed today.

@PravinJ @Dhan_Help

From around 9 AM till 9:25 AM the commodity and Nifty option chain was taking too much time to load on Dhan web. It was fine on the mobile app.

I reported this to support via chat first but got standard replies

The feedback is just to make Dhan better. No other intent :pray:

1 Like

I got a call from Dhan customer support. Now the status is that the concern will be taken to the technical team and I will be given a status update later. Am fine with this. Just want Dhan to get better everyday.

1 Like

Hi @t7support Yes, I spoke to our team.

We didn’t expect but usage of Option Chain on Dhan is at the moment through the roof and we are seeing lots of concurrent users accessing this. Will pick up further optimising on how we manage the data and load it seamlessly for all. This may take a bit as we continue to scale trading systems in parallel, but it is already in our things to do.

Ok thanks @PravinJ. But it was working in mobile. Problem was with Dhan web only. So it could be a frontend issue not the backend.

Yes… Data broadcast components we serve from multiple servers by platforms… reduces single point dependencies… broking systems anyway are super complex. Such measures help.

K thanks

Ya understand that. Brokers have the technically impossible task to maintain 100% up time when the market is live. Appreciate your efforts to scale up.