Order Place for scalping on Tradingview is not favourable with trigger price. Some valuable trader feedback!

Background: I’m a seasoned forex trader and quite used to trading on Tradingview with other broker. I’ve recently moved to Option trading since i was excited that finally an Indian broker has support for it.

The overall experience is amazing and thank you all for putting such a fanastic application together for traders. I’ve already switched over from Fyers → Zerodha → Dhan and it’s by the far the best experience for trading on charts. Having said that, there is some crucial scope for improvement. I’ve taken time to point them, I hope you guys can deliver on this! :slight_smile:

Trigger Price need to be manually set - This is big bottleneck for a serious trader on your platform. So much mental energy goes into analyszing the charts and when you looking to buy on a break, you manually have to set the trigger, it just disrupts the entire workflow and also good entries. Since your OMS probably requires you to have a difference tick price, you’ll need to add a workout for order coming for TradingView because this is a major killer. My workflow is similar to below screenshot, as you can see multiple orders have to be placed and instantly by makign quick decisions:

1. This has already been pointed out: Placing SL directly on Tradingview chart is failed due to trigger Price & Limit price are same

2. Ideally, a professional trader will be on “Instant Order Placement” setting in tradingview, therefore your UX testing in my opinion should be around that with the constraints of the Indian market order restrictions.

3. Renaming / Disabled unrequired properties can declutter and improve the user’s order placement itention. I believe the Indian markets have an extremley high margin for selling, therefore those are rendered useless once a stoploss has been set. My suggestion would be to disabled options based on the available margin, so that the user is clear on what he can do and what we cannot before taking the trade. The Tradingview Terminal library in itself may not support this, in which case I guess we have no other option, but there there is an option for it would be great consdiering the margin requirements are so slim.

Above all, I think the trigger price is the most crucial, I hope you guys can give it some time and fix it!

Thanks! Hope this helps.

Since new users cannot apparently embed more than 1 image, I’m creating seprate comments to give more context to the above points.

Since new users cannot apparently embed more than 1 image, I’m creating seprate comments to give more context to the above points.

@gulami403 Hi Harish, we launched an important feature for scalpers today on tv.dhan.co. Check it out here - Introducing: Scalper on TradingView Charts (tv.dhan.co)