Peter Lynch: The World's Best Fund Manager

Today, we have covered the World’s Best & one of the most influential Fund Manager: Peter Lynch.

Peter Lynch is an American investor and former mutual fund manager, born on January 19, 1944. He is best known for his management of the Fidelity Magellan Fund from 1977 to 1990, during which time the fund’s assets grew from $20 million to $14 billion. Lynch’s success as a fund manager and his accessible investing philosophy made him a popular figure in the financial world.

In 1989, Lynch published a book titled “One Up On Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market”. The book outlines Lynch’s investing philosophy, which emphasizes the importance of researching companies and investing in what you know. The book became a bestseller and remains popular among investors today.

Peter Lynch’s life and his book have had a significant impact on the world of investing, particularly for retail investors. His investing philosophy has helped many people become successful investors, and his legacy continues to inspire new generations of investors.

Here is ‘One Up on the Wall Street’ copy occupying our office library!

Have you read the book One up on the Wall Street ? If no, then let us know :wink:

4 Likes

I guess Jim Simons is the world’s best fund manager if we look at the CAGR.

Can you please shed some light on Jim Simon’s journey… I am sure a lot of members would be happy to skim through.

Bit lazy to create a piece of digital art like you…so I will copy over from Investopedia.

Guy has a 66% cagr over a 30 yr period.

2 Likes

Very impressive. We will think of doing a creative associated with his journey as well.

Do keep on sharing profiles of awesome traders like this :rocket:

1 Like

Just to add, while I was working at Prop. Trading Desk, working at Renaissance Technologies was our ultimate career goal :sweat_smile:
Possibly they had the best methods to predict the future! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: plans changed now ?

May be we can find the answer from the Smooth Equity Curve of the recent years!

@t7support haha. No later realized, there is lot more potential in Indian Markets :stuck_out_tongue:
Realized that PTFs are generating more than that :stuck_out_tongue: but unfortunately not in limelight

1 Like

@amit this seems interesting and new for me, ill study this!

1 Like