PNL Report issue & Features to be added

@PravinJ @Kiran This is good to see you people are doing excellent job to introduce new features. I like the multi time frame like quarterly, yearly charts introduction but still not happy with the basic feature PNL report .

It is still not improved and gives wrong profit data… Bonus shares and ipo alloted share calculations are not adjusted… Also,what is our net PNL and what is total charges n taxes , is not clear??

It’s very basic feature, you should see zerodha or other broking house pnl report… Very easy to understand and correct data they are providing… So why can’t you provide??

I am asking this since a long time still not improved.

2 Likes

Hi @Vishwajeet,

Request you to please forward the same to us at (help@dhan.co) and a copy to (feedback@dhan.co) with the errors you have observed. We will have them resolved.

Hi @8av94l,

Thanks for using Dhan!
We have fixed all the P&L-related issues. Please let us know where exactly you are facing an issue we are here to assist you. Also, We are revamping the overall P&L in-app and web view which will uplift the experience.

2 Likes

@PravinJ @Kiran Good morning , Still corporate actions profit is still not reflected in P&L report… I have hot bonus share and Ipo alloted share profit is not included in statement, without that how are you saying that you have fixed all PNL issues… And I am saying same thing since six months… But no action till now… Even now, I have no answer to show my till date profit earned through dhan… That is very basic things but your team is not giving attention and also in your PNL report, I can’t understand that whether all charges and taxes is included or excluded… Or if exluded then what exact amount it is??

There should be clear cut answer regarding PNL report like this is your overall profit and this is taxes and charges and after deducting all charges this is your Net profit till date.

But from six months , I am not getting these figures.

Hi @Vishwajeet,

Good Morning!

The impact of shares allotted on account of Corporate Actions (Bonus/Splits/Demerger etc), IPO, and Off-Market transfers to and from your Demat account is not considered in the calculation of the P&L report currently. We understand why this can be important and consider adding this in later versions of P&L but as of now, this seems to be working perfectly for most of our users.

I am sorry to say Kiran, it is not working. You are aware of all the problems that I have been reporting out for more than 6 months now and I still see basic order record processing and calculations inconsistencies. If your platform is not able to do such basic P&L calculations properly, please don’t scuttle it as user specific issues. You fundamentally have problems and it will be good to acknowledge and fix them. If many users aren’t complaining or asking, that only means they aren’t aware or know of the details - which gives your team the time to ride it until you fix it. I choose to stay away from trading on your platform last month to assess if you have fixed the fundamental P&L calculations or not … seems like you still haven’t.
Ask your team to give it a serious thought that “features” doesn’t offset “fundamentals” - if your platform can’t do accounting properly and it has incorrect implications on users, what will I do with features !!

1 Like

Hi @Sunitha,

I really appreciate you helping us improve our process - we don’t want this to happen again. Please give us some time we are working on this.

1 Like

Kiran and Team - this has been happening again and again. There are so many emails sent with snapshots of the calculation problem. You have literally outsourced testing and finding problems to your users now. I have been diligently sending you all the details and you have been acknowledging the problems all along, but for months there is no fix. Now the team has gone up another notch, they have stopped responding !!

Dear Users - Please be careful and calculate your trade values yourself and get it verified with the backend for any discrepancies. Many might not know or care, hence they might just trust what is shown. I have been doing this for many months now and pointing out so many errors to them. Your own money shown in one of their pages doesn’t match with values from another page. Don’t forget its your money, and your tax liability on the P&L. In a rush to grow user base, I don’t think they care…

2 Likes

Hi @Sunitha, our team has continued to work with you and resolve your queries. Request you to please check emails from our team on Dec 1 from Shrimohan, followed up another email yesterday to check for the status on Dec 5.

yes same from me and they even have taken margin penalty also .wow absolute garbage p&l system .they want to take some advantage of such goofy system .i have closed trading in dhan for now.i have given them 2 chance but they are the boss themselves .adding flashy feature but avoiding direct sunlight.
your intention has some bad vibes?
asking you dhan. because your back office suck and even p&l stinks

and yes my other friend is also moving out from such a suspicious broker.you earn mobney from brokerage and some hidden charges.
openly taking margin penalky even sebi has circular

Looks like other features and everything is more important than P&L Report for your platform. I mean this should have been on the priority and must have been fixed. But every time we drop a mail excuse’s comes up. @PravinJ you really have built a great platform but missed the basic requirement of P&L report and didn’t focus on that, in today’s time other brokers offer P&L to view within the platform but yours has go through email. Some other way through traiders dairy which doesn’t even calculate the p&l if I’m doing BTST and doesn’t recognise that what I’ve sold is the same I bought yesterday. Apps and website are full of many unused features that it looks like a jungle, most of the time i have search each and every option just to look what i need. And thats not enough, i mean why 2 apps required, keep everything simple in 1 app. This is really frustrating

1 Like

Dhan has refunded all margin penalties. This is incorrect information, if there is anyone stating that - it’s wrong. More on that here: Important Update: Reversal of Penalty on Shortfall of Upfront Margin

Our P&L reporting has improved a lot and continues to improve based on the feedback we receive. If there are specific feedback on incorrect information or data: please share that with us and we will review and resolve. Whenever there are any errors, we acknowledge and resolve, operate very transparently.

There are no hidden charges whatsoever, as a broker we get audited by all exchanges and depositories and not allowed to do so. Any instance if any user feels there is a charge that is not understood, our team happily explains that.

Hi @Sachinkm, let us know the specific case you are referring to for BTST trades, will check this. Request you to share with @Dhan_Help at help@dhan.co

first of all sebi has barred you from taking any margin penalties.so in the first place you are wrong to take penalties.
dpc interest you are taking no other broker has taken such interest.
so dont give reason that we have given back this and that.
you have charged incorrectly on the first place

Hi @Saurabh88 the post has full details, stock broking industry was discussing with exchanges / regulators on the penalty for which reversal was pending, post that we have reversed it. Full post: Important Update: Reversal of Penalty on Shortfall of Upfront Margin

DPC is Interest that is charged for usage of broker funds. Every stock broker that allows usage of funds charges this if not under head of DPC, then some other head probably. To avoid these, always trade with will own / full margins. Additionally, all these margins are reported to exchanges on a daily basis.

Additionally, we have waived off all interest charges on delivery based transactions: Pricing Update: Dhan is waiving off DPC Interest on Delivery-based Transactions | w.e.f 1st Oct'22

2 Likes

But but but i am not going to come back with my half cr capital to you due to your so lame ane poor p&l and back office.

1 Like

Why dhan is not giving proper attention to PNL system??

I have attached Zerodha PNL screenshot, see how clear presentation of realized profit, charges and Net Profit. Why dhan is struggling to improve pnl report??

Also, why not showing corporate actions and ipo shares profit in PNL.

1 Like

Hello Pravin,

I am sorry, but let me clarify your ‘choice of words’’ on this post that your team member said during our conversation that he will reply/correct after the phone call, but never did …

1. I am NOT sending emails to clarify my queries … I am sending email with snapshots to report out serious PROBLEMS in your P&L calculations. All the reported problems over past 6+ months have been long acknowledged by your team members in person during conversation … but they shy away from accepting it here in the forum.
  2. I am not interested in your team sending emails to check … I am looking for a solutions that team have been promising. Ask is simple - P&L statement that one can trust !!
  3. I have sent multiple screenshots wherein 3 different places in your Dhan website shows 3 different values. No clue on which one to trust. How do you think you will like if you log into your bank account and have no idea on your money’s whereabouts and how much ??

Last week conversation, it was told that new P&L will be released that will solve the reported problems. I am yet to hear about it.

1 Like

Hi @Sunitha as discussed over the call last week, I have checked in detail and seems there is some misunderstanding in perceiving the trader’s diary and hence the PnL report. We are preparing a detailed article (considering all the possible scenarios) on how to read the trader’s diary, that will resolve your issues. Will call you once that post is up.