Points captured in a trade

Hi Dhan,

I am a dhan user and request you for the below.

All the major platform offers percentage based returns when it comes to intraday positions, but you can provide number of points captured in a live trade then it will be really good. let me explain.

On Friday at a strike of spot price ± 250:

I take a trade and it shows 5% of profit then assuming trading in 1 lot and option premium is 700/share then capital used will be 15000, then my profit will be 5% of 15000 = 750.

On Thursday at a strike of spot price ± 250:

I take a trade and it shows 5% of profit then assuming trading in 1 lot and option premium is usually at 200/share then capital used will be 5000, then my profit will be 5% of 15000 = 250.

So looking at this its clear that percentage based doesn’t return work and is not same in all scenario, Also if someone wants to do it on points based, then they cant. Lets say if someone is scaling up his trading capital then,
his sl used to be 500 previously or 5% previously, now it will be higher based on the capital.

Hence instead of percentage if you show no of points captured itll be good and useful. After all many people try to capture some profit and discuss it on the basis of point rather than percentage. Below is one example in Nifty50.

Strike price = 18000
EntryPrice = 200
ExitPrice = 220
Quantity = 1
Capital = 5000
Brokerage = 50
PointCaptured = 20
Profit = 500(10%)

Hope this is understandable. Else mail me we can get in to a call.

Thanks,
Dhan User

1 Like

Hi @Axejaw007,

Welcome to Dhan community! & Thank you for taking out the time to send us your suggestions!

Have noted the same.

1 Like