Primary bank account change procedure

There should be a feature to change the Primary bank account in dhan. I am not finding it in both dhan web or app.

3 Likes

Hi @ashu8115, first of all, welcome to Dhan community!

Currently, we do not have an online process to change the primary bank account on Dhan.

However, we support payin and payout from secondary banks and you can add upto four additional secondary banks in your Dhan account.

We hope this helps you.

1 Like

@Anirudha Thanks for the information provided above. Please let me know if any offline process is in place .I need to change the primary account.

Hi @ashu8115,

Offline process includes downloading and filling the “Account Modification Form” and then sending it to our registered address via courier.

We do this on special requests only. Kindly email us at help@dhan.co to receive the form.

I apologize I couldn’t be of more help here. :frowning:

@Anirudha Anytime soon this procedure will be live to modify the primary bank account

1 Like

Hi @ashu8115,

While we understand the importance, not many of our existing users have requested for this - the usual process is to add a secondary bank. This is still on our roadmap though.

Since you are one of our early users, I want to make sure I make this possible for you via the offline route. Kindly get in touch with me directly at anirudha.basak@dhan.co and I’ll be happy to assist you!

I have just changed my primary bank account online at Zerodha (in 5 mins only).

My earlier Bank (primary account) has decided to sell their India business to other Bank and I do not wish to continue with this Bank.

I want to therefore change my primary bank account at Dhan online. Kindly enable this asap.

1 Like

Zerodha is best for feature and smooth experience

1 Like

Hi @AmitN

Welcome to Dhan community. We are just 9 months into our journey and have built more than some of our competition has built in the last 10 years.

I understand there are some gaps, and we do help users and assist them in same offline to ensure all requests of users are addressed. Change of primary bank account is on our roadmap, and we are committed to building the best possible user experience for our users.

1 Like

Eagerly waiting for this feature as i am also in queue to change my primary bank info.
Use case: I want all my dividends in primary account but pay in from secondary account.

Also in todays scenarios any offline process is human resource/cost intensive and definitely hassle and inconvenience for the user.

I am really delighted with experience at Dhan & transferred all my holding from Zerodha.

1 Like

@Anirudha @PravinJ Can’t this be done through Mail request, I can fill the form and share it through email , will that be okay

Yes we do have an offline primary bank modification process. Please get in touch with us at help@dhan.co

Hi @ashu8115 , @nity , @AmitN, @anwarultqm & @Sachinkm ,

Happy to inform you that now we heard your request, and now you can update your primary bank account in Dhan.

Below are the steps on how you can do it:

1. Simply navigate to the “Banks” section on your Dhan app or web by clicking on the “Money” tab
  2. Click on the “More” button on any of your secondary bank that you want to change to Primary
  3. Click on “Set as Primary Account”
  4. Give your consent to deduct ₹25 (+GST) from your Dhan ledger
  5. Provide your confirmation on the bank you want to change to Primary
  6. Proceed to eSign with the Aadhaar number you used to open your Dhan account

You can read more about our newest feature here.

We look forward to having your inputs and contribution in our community.

Hi @Dhan , @RahulDeshpande, can you also work on deleting the bank accounts online like the way u had introduced set as the primary bank option against each bank? I didn’t find any option to delete the bank accounts in dhan currently

Hi @sri1647,

Thanks for your suggestion. We will surely evaluate bank deletion feature on our platform.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. But is seems there is no procedure to date for bank account deletion/modification through the platforms/any other means. I don’t know even after these many years in the industry, how @Dhan had missed this basic one.

Or let me know if there is any existing procedure?

Hi @sri1647

We have this feedback with us, we will work on this to get this implemented very soon.

Hi @dhan team, any update on the above request?

Hi @sri1647

We will inform you once the bank deletion feature is live.

@Dhan I think now a days feedback is not given so much importance by any stock broker. Lost the eagerness to give feedback from today.