Stock Market Movie Discussions

11th February, Saturday was International Movie Day. Since I got to know this today :p, eager to know what’s your favourite related to Stock Markets?

• Margin Call
  • The Wolf of Wall Street
  • Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
  • Trillion Dollar Bet
  • Badmaash Company

0 voters

If you have any other favourite movie apart from the above ones… let know in the comments.

2 Likes

My favourite one is

3 Likes

The Big Short

#CDS #GFC

3 Likes

Great Choice!

Loved Michael Douglas’s acting in this and how his character has been written :rocket:

Any particular favourite scene?

1 Like

Great movie. It was totally worth of all the Academy awards it won that year. Loved Christian bale’s enactment of Michael Burry!

Do you follow Michael Burry’s views or analysis of markets now too?

1 Like

Princes of the Yen

#CentralBank #WindowGuidance #Japan

2 Likes

Yes!

https://twitter.com/michaeljburry

1 Like

A few stayed after watching the movie

• The scene at the club where Gekko tells Bud

“Ever wonder why fund managers can’t beat the S&P 500? 'Cause they’re sheep, and sheep get slaughtered. I been in the business since '69. Most of these Harvard MBA types, they don’t add up to dog shit. Gimme guys who are poor, smart and hungry. And no feelings. You win a few, you lose a few, but you keep on fighting”

• The scene at the bluestar floor where Bud gets tutored by his father

“Money’s only something you need in case you don’t die tomorrow”

• The scene at the office were Lou tells Bud

“The main thing about money, Bud, is that it makes you do things you don’t want to do”

• The scene at Teldar paper meeting where Gekko says

“The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind”

4 Likes

I havent watched this :thinking: Is it available on any particular OTT platform?

Spoken like a true Wall Street Fan :smiley:

Just wondering, should we organise an online movie screening for only Dhan community members? :thinking:

We can decide on the film to be aired by polls.

2 Likes

Ys a big fan.

Sure. Interval pe market ki baatein karenge…#made for trade

One of the best documentaries. Available on YouTube.

1 Like

The Big Short talked about everyone except AIG Insurance group. They were the prime culprit for 2008 crash.

1 Like

It’s based on decades of actual events in Japan, focusing on power of the Central Bank and Government. A must watch for macro economics enthusiast.

As mentioned by @aritra , available on youtube.

2 Likes

Billions, not a movie - but one of good ones in series. And of course, Scam 1992

Among rest, Wall Street, the original movie.

1 Like

I will watch this today.
Everyone, feel free to use this thread to discuss movies, series on stock markets!