Today again profit converted to loss

Hi @Sunitha, Please note that charting systems and transaction systems are different. We merge them on charts for visual representation via charting libraries. Candlesticks on charts is representation of snapshot received by us from the exchanges, and its very very likely that not all trade are captured on the candle.

The way to measure slippages is combination of order execution delay (if any) + if order quantity was high and liquidity on that time was limited (if any). The blue ticks are orders executed. Even on exchanges, data and transaction feeds are different.

I will request our customer care team to connect with you on this.

Hi @PravinJ , Thanks for sharing the details. I knew charting libraries wasn’t in sync in conventional console based form when it was done purely representational of the movement of scrip.
But since the platform allows us to trade directly from the trading view chart with the prices as listed - i was expecting the price will be bootstrapped such that it matches up much more closely, if not in sync with the order system. Slight variation is expected, … what was alarming was such huge divergences when the underlying spread isn’t expected to be so high.
Thanks for the response.

1 Like

@Sunitha - When I started trading few years back even I was shocked to see the difference between chart and the actual price at which orders were executed. This is not about Dhan, this is general.

The higher the timeframes you use greater will be the difference between the chart (Heikenashi candles) & order execution price. This is because higher timeframes show slow price movements but if you see the price while you’re placing the order it will be different as compared to the chart.

Hence, it’s best to keep another screen just for viewing the actual market price.

In your case your high timeframe chart showed price at 278 but in actual the market was maybe around 290+ and hence your executed price was 291+.

I think no mistake of Dhan (or any broker in this case)

@PravinJ please let us know if I missed something.

Thanks for the suggestion @pratik01 . It was in 1 minute chart.

1 Like

Initial days with Dhan I was so happy seeing the orders getting filled at fairly intend price with market orders. Since mid June, I have been experiencing that the market orders in Nifty options are executed at worst prices i.e with lot of slippage with Dhan. Has anyone else also experienced this?

1 Like