Updated: G-Secs available for Pledging from 17 May 2023

Hi @jacharjya1978

This has been updated, please check now

1 Like

Hi @iamshrimohan @Divyesh , have a query.

I have bought one of the GOI , currently which is today , there were no trades done . So DHAN considers it as -100 % . BUt there is an intrinsic or fair value which is equal to 100 right?

Since this is pledged. when DHAN considers it as 0 and there are large quantitities pledged it would impact the MARGINS drastically.

Can something be done so that it can be considered 100 or the previos day LTP atleast is considered

1 Like

Hi @pavz what time did you take the SS? As per closing, 262 units of the said security (NSE: 759GS2026) were traded. However, just to answer your query in a generic way. On the first hand, we allow only those securities to be pledged which are liquid and secondly incase there are any day(s) where the security is not traded, we consider the last available closing price.

In worst case scenario (which has very least probability) if the security is not traded for quite some time (this is subjective) we would be informing the user well in advance to the next set of actionable that RMS might take, thereby providing enough time for client to take decision.

2 Likes

why there is STT on GSEC? Can you check. I’ve added screenshot for comparison with different broker.

2 Likes

@AAJ There is no STT on G-Secs and some securities (list of which can be found on the NSEs website). Having said this, thanks for highlighting this, will get this fixed.

2 Likes

@iamshrimohan Sir, Earlier I pledged GOI LOAN 8.28% 2027 600 qty with a lot of following with DHAN , yesterday I found its unpledged which I never did . I did a pledge again post it found unpledged. It would be charged the cost again. Not sure why such inconsistencies with DHAN.

@jacharjya1978 please share your UCC over DM, ill get this checked.

@jacharjya1978 As checked, you seem to have bought this security off market which credited into your DP as Free Holding. yesterday, pledge setup was created. Sharing you the CDSL Transaction Statement over DM, please check.

That’s right , earlier it was bought off market , pledged through DHAN after a lot of follow up with you. why it was unpledged , that’s what my concern is. I had to do pledge again yesterday.

@jacharjya1978 Let us continue this discussion over DM as would be sharing your information with you.