Women are special on Dhan, everyday!

Women make for close to 50% of our population. But when it comes to savings women have largely restricted themselves to traditional forms such as Gold and Real Estate, and many even keep savings just as cash at home or in the bank.

In India, participation of women towards investments is very low, in fact the overall financial literacy is limited. On Dhan as well, less than 20% of our investors are women. India is at the cusp of financialization of savings, especially in the younger population. More awareness, information and accessibility are the driving force behind such adoption in investing.

Over the years, stock markets have given incredible wealth-creation opportunities. So it seems absurd that the gender which is known to be the harbinger of wealth in a home, is excluded from that for lack of participation.

Investing is gender agnostic. In fact, studies have shown that women have the right temperament to investing and are often better able to judge risk and return.

And hence, to increase the participation of women investors in the markets, we are taking the first steps on Dhan.

Starting from today, we’ve halved the brokerage for all women investors on Dhan.

And this is not just for a day, a week or a month. Dhan will continue to offer the reduced brokerage plans for Women Investors until it reaches parity for participation on its platform. With this initiative, the delivery trades in the cash segment will continue to remain free for all, intraday trades will now be charged at Rs. 10 (instead of Rs. 20) for all women until Dhan has an equal representation of men and women on their platform.

We aim to bring equal participation for women investors on Dhan, and will continue to maintain the pricing structure till the day we achieve this. We are doing our bit to ensure more women participate in stock markets and invest.

“One day, we believe we won’t have to do this because we’ve truly hit the 50% mark.”

• Radhika Gupta, MD & CEO, Edelweiss Mutual Fund

This is not just a celebration of Women’s Day, but a mission for us.

At Dhan, we’re raising the bar for investing in India everyday.

Join Dhan now:

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dhan.live
iOS - https://apps.apple.com/in/app/dhan/id1575318726

Thanks,
Shraddha Joshi

7 Likes

Hope existing woman users are eligible to this plan

1 Like

Hey @Pavan ,

Yes. All our women investors and traders are eligible. :smiley:

2 Likes

​Wow. In fact, you are doing a great job. I have already given a lot of female referrals on my side, even unselfishly. I don’t want any referral benefit. I am very pleased to see you progressing day by day and launching new features. I am of the same opinion that every woman in our country should be financially strong and smart.

Whatever I have mentioned above, you can definitely keep your record as feedback from your existing client.

Are the women actually trading/investing or guys opening account in their wifes name trading/investing. Atleast this is what I have noticed with whatever little instances I have seen on the forum. Beyond the first order!!

I hope you guys achieve what you’ve set out to actually achieve. Great initiative

1 Like

Dhan will continue to offer the reduced brokerage plans for Women Investors until it reaches parity for participation on its platform. With this initiative, the delivery trades in the cash segment will continue to remain free for all, intraday trades will now be charged at Rs. 10 (instead of Rs. 20) for all women until Dhan has an equal representation of men and women on their platform.

Hey @shraddha @PravinJ ,

Is this offer still valid OR women participation has crossed the equality benchmark?

Few of my woman friends would like to join Dhan platform for investing/trading.

Waiting for your reply.

:grinning:

Yes, this offer is still valid.

1 Like

Hey @amit, this offer is valid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @shraddha @PravinJ ,

If you can show somewhere in application that currently my account is under XYZ special offer it will be helpful, may be some Dhan special offer or plan segment page. It can be even more interesting for the customer, if when the offer ends, it also shows amount of money she earned through special offer.

Hoping to see time to time such amazing offers for all the users.

:partying_face:

3 Likes

We will evaluate this Pushpa, thanks for your suggestion. Happy trading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi is this offer still valid

Hi @mailtonizar,

Yes, this offer is still valid.

Welcome to Dhan Community. Looking forward to onboard you soon!

Hello, @Dhan_Help I am a woman, housewife & teacher by profession, and coming to know about your special offer I have registered with the Dhan platform. When do I get onboarded with the reduced brokerage plans for Women Thanks & please revert!

Hi @deepwinns - the brokerage plan for women is still valid as of now. It gets automatically applied when you start trading on dhan.

2 Likes

thanks for your response and also for clarifying my doubt :slight_smile:

How avail this offer?

Hi @snehar

This offer is automatically applied to women account holders and is retrieved when the pan card details are entered.

Is this offer valid now and where can i crossverify the brokerage charges applied for female in dhan?

Hi @Pavi , Welcome to Dhan Community.

Yes, this offer is still valid. You can refer to the below screenshot available on our pricing link to verify from your end.

IS THERE ANY OFFER FOR WOMEN IN MTF USEstrong text