Can we trade in Commodities directly from TradingView website?

As mentioned in the title, I was looking for ways to trade in Crude Oil and other MCX commodities directly from TradingView.com as I have Pro subscription there as well and using customized pinescripts. But unfortunately, it says “Non-tradable symbol”. When can we have commodities in TradingView website to trade with Dhan directly from its chart?

Hello, can we place MTF orders on trading view?

Hi @Sekav, welcome to Dhan community. At this time, trading integrations on TradingView are limited to NSE (Cash & Futures) only. We don’t have any update from TradingView on this - if it will be available anytime in future, we will integrate the same.

If you have your custom trading pinescripts, suggest you to use webhooks that Dhan provides for free to execute your transactions or trade on tv.dhan.co or via Dhan apps. We try to ensure that our TradingView libraries are always up to date.

Hi @Karthik, at this moment MTF orders are available on Dhan App, Web and API. These are not available over TradingView.

Thanks for responding and I will be waiting for that feature to be available as I mostly trade in commodities. However, as you have suggested the use of webhooks through which we can execute our trades, can you please confirm whether that will work on Crude Oil Mini future contracts or any other commodity on MCX?

I dont think so it works as I have tried multiple times and it does not work. The only Work around is to use basket order but then it blocks money in the account and is not a good and fast option to use.

Hi @akshayagg Suggest using webhooks that Dhan provides for free to execute your orders based on your trading setup on TradingView.

It doesn’t work, You Have to mandatorily use baskets which are very inefficient and cumbersome ( not only creating BUT if you want to make any changes then also ). It adds useless steps to a simple process. Single order would be the best thing but it doesn’t work.

We are upgrading the webhooks experience in coming days @akshayagg. Single orders are easy to place via webhooks. More on that here: What is Webhook - How to Place Order from TradingView Using Webhook - Webhook Explained | Dhan - YouTube

Thnx for replying ,

I have seen this video and even prior to that I have been using webhook a via third party tools to place and manage orders but what make me to come to Dhan was it’s native integration which enables not to sit in front of system all day but when I came to Dhan I found that it only works with stocks and with some futures not with mcx at all. Also, it didn’t work with continuous charts as well as shown in the video, you have to use the month wide charts to make it execute.

Let me explain this further, For MCX - The normal single placement of webhook order doesn’t seem to work maybe there is a parsing error between symbols of trading view and Dhan.

Now to remedy that, we have to use Baskets. First, we have to create a basket with MCX order in it and then attach that to the Basket order of Webhook, and then instead of JSON code, we have to copy and paste the basket order code to the specified alert.

Now, if we want to make any changes we can’t simply edit the alert, we have to go to the basket order and then make changes there before the alert is triggered - Now you see it hampers the trade flow and also it takes TIME to edit the order, time - which is so precious that is already working against every trader every time.

Hi @akshayagg noted. we are nearly completed a big deployment for webhooks. It’s a big update, and will help make using webhooks much easier than now. Hoping to make it available for all users in August.

@Sekav thrilled to share that we just launched this.

Now you can, trade in Commodity Futures contracts directly from TradingView.com using your favorite features. Available on TradingView Web and App.

Read more about this - Now Live : MCX Commodity Trading from TradingView.com with Dhan