Errors using Dhan APIs

For past few days I have been facing ā€œGateway timeout errorsā€ and ā€œBad gateway errorsā€ using Dhan APIs. Few of these errors are listed below.

I am worried that dhan server & APIs are not stable and not fit for production. Can anyone share if they have faced similar issues and if the platform is stable?

|28 Mar|01:24:26 PM|dhan order placement failed: {ā€œerrorCodeā€:ā€œINTERNAL_SERVER_ERRORā€,ā€œhttpStatusā€:ā€œINTERNAL_SERVER_ERRORā€,ā€œinternalErrorCodeā€:ā€œRS-9005ā€,ā€œinternalErrorMessageā€:"com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected character (ā€˜<ā€™ (code 60)): expected a valid value (JSON String, Number, Array, Object or token ā€˜nullā€™, ā€˜trueā€™ or ā€˜falseā€™)\n at [Source: (String)"\r\n\r\n\r\n

504 Gateway Time-out

\r\n\r\n\r\n"; line: 1, column: 2]"}|
| ā€” | ā€” |

|28 Mar|03:03:59 PM|dhan order placement failed: {ā€œerrorCodeā€:ā€œINTERNAL_SERVER_ERRORā€,ā€œhttpStatusā€:ā€œINTERNAL_SERVER_ERRORā€,ā€œinternalErrorCodeā€:ā€œRS-9005ā€,ā€œinternalErrorMessageā€:"com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected character (ā€˜<ā€™ (code 60)): expected a valid value (JSON String, Number, Array, Object or token ā€˜nullā€™, ā€˜trueā€™ or ā€˜falseā€™)\n at [Source: (String)"\r\n\r\n\r\n

502 Bad Gateway

\r\n\r\n\r\n"; line: 1, column: 2]"}|
| ā€” | ā€” |

Hi @silentTrader, for API related questions, request you to drop a note to us on api@dhan.co and our team will review this.

Hi @PravinJ

I had written emails to Dhan before posting here.

You can debug your APIs, review your services and infrastructure as you like.

I cannot risk my hard-earned savings on free APIs and unreliable systems that are not scaled properly to handle market load.

On any day, I would rather pay Rs. 2000 for stable APIs than risk my life savings on cheap, unstable, free APIs.

Hence, I am moving on to another Broker. Thanks.

Hello @silentTrader

As per the error messages shared by you, it seems like there was incorrect format of information was passed here.

We can help you troubleshoot the error here if you can share the API request structure that you used along with your Client ID at api@dhan.co or over DM. Hundreds of users are using these same set of APIs for live trading daily, and this error doesnā€™t appear to be at our end.