Genuine Feedback on the UI and UX (web and iOS)

Hello! I’m genuinely very curious to know if Dhan plans on an overhaul of both its mobile UI and web UI?

Right now, the way things are on the mobile app (iOS especially), the watchlist looks slightly cartoonish and the fonts are hard to read given the scrips are listed by its name and not by its symbol. The LTP and price changes are also hard to decipher on a glance being cartoonish and sort of having a rather unconventional font.

Please consider redesigning the mobile app and web app because the way things are right now and the pace at which new features are being added, the current navigation is an absolute nightmare.

Menus within menus lead to other menu and options. Kindly consider these 3 major aspects of both the mobile and web app:

(1) Navigation: Complete redesign required and things have to be absolutely within sub-menus or menus, giving priority to clean, fewer clicks and memorable navigation.

(2) Design and fonts: Each individual stock cards on the mobile app watchlist, with the fonts is now very hard to decipher and actually understand at a glance. Requires extreme concentration. Kindly consider a different choice of font and make the UI slightly less cartoonish and more professional. Example: AngelOne.

(3) Collapsible Elements and General design: With the way things are that the mini watchlist can’t be collapsed on the expanded watchlist view, the position pages (high-low P&L gone since 1 year), portfolios all these needs revamp. The company names have to be done away with and tickers would be more preferred.

Rest is upto the team, I’m sure you can come up with a better UI and UX than what my mind can comprehend but please consider overhauling things from ground up given how fast Dhan platform is evolving with newer features almost every week.

Genuine feedback with no ill-intent from a Day 1 client. Power to you.

@MahimaShah @PravinJ @Dhan @Hardik

4 Likes

I completely agree :100:
The navigation in Dhan is overly complicated. They really need to improve it.

4 Likes

Hi @thisisbanerjee, as per the discussion with you, couple of improvements are already in our roadmap and we are working on them. We will evaluate rest of the feedback shared by you as well. @Champion_Trader

Thanks!

Sanjeev
Design @ Dhan

3 Likes

Hi fix the web option chain, full size and minimize. Also add option Greeks

Hi @Sanjeev_Bawaskar,
Before talking about the feedback, I am a Fullstack developer (An architect) with 10+ years of professional experience . I have used trading platforms from other brokers (Groww, Upstocks, and CoinDCX) in past 3 years. Out of these I liked groww and CoinDCX user experience a lot.

Groww: A user friendly UI (A specially on mobile) to attract a large user base with simple user experience. Being a trader I wanted more than a basic investor. Hence I moved out from Groww. It has large user base so trade APIs are slow in critical (or) peak times (due which I have incurred losses) .
Dhan - option trader: The idea of a specially designed app for option trader is awesome. I t has most of the features. Also has commodity and currency trading opportunity. Has so many features for traders and investors. Also great integration of TradingView directly. More indicator availability. From features point of view both the apps are excellent (Web/mobile).

Initially I felt it is app is not user friendly, then I some more time to understand the app better as I have habituated to other platforms. After using it almost a 6 months for heavy trading.
On mobile the user experience is more terrible.
Problems/Improvements can be done:
=> The chart loading time is slow (Need more cashing infra).
=> If you could have used development bases like flutter, you could have achieved much better user experience. Its not late to invest some effort in improving the user experience.
=> No direct chart for options (reduce the number of clicks for a user).

After all I can spend some time to help and improve the platforms, please let me know if I can contribute, because its win-win situation.
Note: I am also working on just needed web app just for my needs.

2 Likes