Yes, I have raised this request in October 2021. Hope, Dhan comes with this feature before October 2022.
Thanks for the update. Dhan is doing best in the industry. good experience in option trading …
is this FOREVER order SELL side active for equity?
Thanks for your kind words! We are in the process of adding Forever equity orders on the sell-side as well.
Enable sell side forever order for equity as well. Since it act as long term SL for my equity trades
- I reported this problem Forever order unble to set above trigger price is it resolved?
- @Satyam sell side forever order is not possible because of e-DIS, You have authenticate before sell.
Another feature request on forever order, if implemented then it will be industry first.
Currently when I create forever order it will be effective immediately and enabled for next 1 year.
Instead of that what I want one can have a choice here like I can able to create forever order today with start and end dates(off course end date is less than 1 year). It should not trigger before start date and after end date. Also get deleted after end date.
Why this is needed?
Few trading strategies are based on time based stoploss/ entry not necessarily price based
Now you can place trigger price above or lower that the market price. Here is one I just created.
You are correct on EDIS for equity side Forever Orders. cc: @Satyam
Now this feature request, first time someone has asked us this. We usually wait for a while until we see more users asking for this. Currently we are closing our priority list for July that we had announced, will shortly announce feature & products we are picking up for August.
How can we use OCO for option buy? Can anyone share video related to OCO
Welcome to Dhan community. Yes, we have started making videos about Dhan, and are posting them on our YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/c/DhanHQ
Will include for Forever Orders too.
Ok can we use OCO order for option buy?
Yes, Option Buy / Sell both.
Hi, How to use OCO for option buying and can i use OCO order for existing option position ?
Ok please upload video as soon as possible because at OCO we see only target and stop loss option but there is no option for buy
Well with Zerodha, i can put Sell Side forever order on Equity…
It may be an old account when there was a power of attorney. Now EDIS is a standard flow to sell, and feel regulators / depository will enforce EDIS for all.
Still we are waiting for OCO video
- For creating a new position through the Forever feature, you may use the ‘Single Order’ tab.
- For putting both Stop Loss & Target on an exiting position, you may use the ‘OCO’ tab.
- You may also use the ‘Single Order’ tab if you wish to just put a Stop Loss or Target on an existing position.
- This feature cannot be used to create both a fresh entry position (Buy/Sell) along with an exit position (Stop Loss/Target) via a single order. It can be done through 2 separate orders. This is the industry standard.
Hope this clarifies.
Head - Customer Support
You mean in dhan , we can not use both target and stop loss in option buy
Is it Industry standard? Can we have an option of placing entry order along with SL and target from single screen ? Target and SL can be OCO (one cancells other) order which triggers once entry trade is executed.
We are evaluating that as well.
Pls consider adding TSL also. Then it becomes like the Robo order from Angel one.