Introducing Forever Orders (with OCO) on Sell Side

Is it Industry standard? Can we have an option of placing entry order along with SL and target from single screen ? Target and SL can be OCO (one cancells other) order which triggers once entry trade is executed.

Hi @NitinVerma

We are evaluating that as well.

Pls consider adding TSL also. Then it becomes like the Robo order from Angel one.

Hi @Pazzy, Yes, for Options trading via Forever feature, you cannot place a single order for both entry and exit. If you have an existing Option Sell position, you may use OCO feature to set Stop Loss & Target for your square off order (Option Buy).

Now I have understood , when we buy any option and that option is showing open in my position then we use OCO for target as well as stoploss for option sell

1 Like

व्हिडीओ मराठीत उपलब्ध आहेत का?

Can we have an option of placing entry order along with SL and target from single screen ? Target and SL can be OCO (one cancells other) order which triggers once entry trade is executed. It is available in Zerodha we can put the profit and target limits while placing an entry order only.

1 Like

Hi @Bobbyn4u

Welcome to Dhan community. Can you share screenshot if the order that you are referring to? Would be helpful to understand.

type or paste code here

@PravinJ Kindly refer the buy order in above screenshot. We can give target and stoploss percentage while placing an order using Gtt. I hope you understand and implement the similar option in Dhan as well

We can select the order validity time in minutes also. This is very useful for scalpers and others too…

Noted this, we can explore building this for Overnight / Carry forward positions.

You can also achieve this right now on Dhan, by taking a position and adding Forever to that with OCO (Target & Stop loss). Will work exactly the same.

2 Likes

We can use OCO order for swing trade?

Hi @Rohitsingh,

You may use OCO if fits into your strategy. If you can share the specific scenario, we can give a definite answer.

Regards,
Jay K.

1 Like

For example, I take a position in Equity (for swing trade example 20,25 days )
as per the analysis I took entry at 100 my target was 150 and stop loss was 80
so in this scenario can I use an OCO order for that trade means I can set a target and stop-loss

And if the above question answer is yes, so after the stock price move from 100 to 120, can I modify my previous OCO order where I put my stop loss to 80 so can I modify it to 100 (trail) and the target is same at 150

1 Like

@Rohitsingh Currently in Dhan you can’t place equity sell OCO order.
Even i to waiting for this, I am moved from Zerodha, I have really missing the once screen order placement :neutral_face:.
Think one stock on LTP is 100, I can buy stock on 100 along with set a stop-loss and target on percentage.

That feature is not available in Dhan.

2 Likes

Hi @Rohitsingh,

Sell side Forever / OCO order is a challenge because of e-DIS. Old accounts used to have power of attorney, that authorizes a broker to sell your shares at any time. Now EDIS is a standard flow to sell, and because it safeguards traders’ interest, we feel regulators / depository will enforce EDIS for all.

Regards,
Jay K.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification
with the same example that I mention same logic applies in the intraday trade-in equity.?
Like in for intraday trade i buy stock at 100 set target 110 and stop loss 98 so here we can use OCO order?

For intra-day, we already have the Cover and Bracket orders features that will help with this. You may check out our videos detailing these features: Cover Order | Bracket Order

Hope this helps.

So where we can use OCO order?
Can u share scenario

The most common used case is for Options Trading. This is because exchange does not allow a stop loss market order for Options, and hence Cover & Bracket cannot be offered for the same. The Forever OCO order helps in placing a target and stop loss in such position.

Traders may use the same depending on what their strategy is.

3 Likes