Introducing: Pledge Shares for Margin Benefit

Okay maā€™amā€¦ So , 50% i.e only on 25k out of 50K will get chargedā€¦ 0.0438% ā€¦ Kindly remove my this doubt!

Actually I want to request Dhan to provide in detail information in a video ā€¦ Cz you didnā€™t disclose charges or brokerage which is 20Rs or 0.03% ā€¦ On MTF delivery.

Yes, you are right @BlackRock711 . Interest will be charged only on 25k. You can view the charges for MTF trades in the funding estimator while placing MTF trades on Dhan platforms.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your valuable response!!

Hi Dhan has the best tech platform of all the brokers I have seen, can you please implement fixed deposit collateral option for pledging would be fantastic. Just because of this feature I need to look out for another broker. So my kind request please consider it.

1 Like

So , I received

" Dear Akshay,

Greetings from Dhan.

This is to bring to your notice that you have an ageing debit of ā‚¹ 20583.98 on Dhan. The debit has already exceeded 6 days, holdings will get squared off automatically today by our systems.

Request you to make immediate payment to avoid auto square off.

This is a system generated email, please do not reply to this. Incase of any queries or discrepancy, please write to us on "

This message after Buying Abcapital Shares using money after Pledging my shares!

Aap sab kehte ho , we can use money after Pledging for long time and why this message? And also regarding to this Dhan Sold my Portfolio shares ( 4 LTTS And 3 CANBK) which were already pledged too!

Hi @BlackRock711,

Margin can be used as long as there is no debit in ledger. If there is a debit in ledger for more than 5 days, pledged stocks equivalent to the debit amount are squared-off to clear the debit on 6th day.

Please note buying Options or Stocks leads to a debit in the ledger for the equivalent amount. While trading in Futures and selling options leads to blocking of margin - debit happens for actual MTM loss.

Hope this helps to decide the best strategy to use margin pledge.

Sir, suppose I have 1 lakh worth of cash component only and if I buy options for intraday then should I be charged interest ?

Not as long as your ledger is in credit.

@JayK This is also a similar issue at my end. I get confused what the is ā€˜cashā€™ remaining in my account. After pledging the shares, i get the margin and in my funds section it keeps showing what is the ā€˜marginā€™ available, but not cash (Is it opening balance ? ). Now everything is showing empty 'cause of quarterly settelments.

@DeepB, For cash in your account, you can check the Running balance in Ledger (Regular tab).

Canā€™t find, can you help me hereā€¦

Hi @DeepB,

To see Ledger Summary, click on your profile pic and go to All Statements.

1 Like

hello,
if I pledge 5lac rs gold bees, do I get 4lac as a margin rite?
if I use this margin only for intraday trading in mcx, will I be charged any interest or extra amount other than commission? or do I need 50:50 cash also to open a trade?

If securities pledged by you are considered Cash component, it will suffice as Cash for the 50:50 requirement.

Is Gold Bees considered a cash component?

The updated securities margin list is shared under our RMS policy. Here is it for your reference:

1 Like

How long can I hold the pledge share? In mtf is unlimited but without mft how long can I hold

Hi @mondalsupratim610 You can keep shares pledged as long as you want, there is no time-limit on this.

Please help me with these queries.

1.) I have margin of 1 lakh rupees and 10k cash, now I buy stocks for 40k as long term holding(delivery). Can I hold the stocks without adding any additional cash? If yes, then how much DP charges I have to pay?

2.) Say I have cash-equivalent margin of 1 lakh(no real cash) and I buy stocks worth 40k for delivery. Will I have to pay cash in this case or not? And any DP charges applicable here?

Hi @TradeCoder

Welcome to the Dhan Community

In both instances, there are no DP charges that you need to pay. The collateral amount can be held for T+5 days only, further you have to clear the debit balance the same day to avoid any square off.

You can check the same on our website https://dhan.co/risk-management-policy/.

1 Like