Next expiry PCR data for options

Hello team,

Where can I check next expiry (Sep 8th in this case) PCR data for nifty and banknifty in dhan app?

1 Like

Hi @pratik01

You can view this data in Options Trader by Dhan app - its available in Ideas section, under the Analyse view. You can also this by Volume & by Open Interest.

Options Trader: Options Trader - Options Trading App Built for India | Dhan

1 Like

Hello @PravinJ

Yes thanks, just checked it.

I noticed that nifty50 PCR shown is same for all the expiry under PCR tab and also the value might be incorrect.

For all the expiry i.e. 8 Sep, 15 Sep, 22 Sep, etc the PCR value shown is the same and is 1.38.

Also, it’s incorrect the correct PCR for 8 Sep expiry should be 0.81.

I think the 1.38 PCR shown might be monthly or overall value i.e. considering all the future expiries.

Suggestion: we need a table showing weekly PCR by expiry dates. Overall PCR rarely helps. Might be useful to some though. But weekly PCR is what is most useful for intraday traders.

Hoping for corrections. Thanks :slight_smile:

Noted @pratik01

At this time it is monthly data, we have requests from users to add on a weekly basis. We will certainly add that too, its on our list of things to do.

Hi @PravinJ - Is there any way to check weekly PCR and volume PCR?

Hi @pratik01,

Yes, you can view both in Option Trader application in the Strategies tab > Analyse.

Hi @Sameet

Thanks for your reply. Just checked this!

Sameet, I validated these PCR values against the NSE option chain data. Except for the current week PCR values all the future PCR values are incorrect.

For e.g.

NIFTY 7th Dec Expiry (From NSE site)
PUT OI - 186947
CALL OI - 163292

Correct PCR: 1.145

Dhan shown PCR: 1.249

Also, for future weekly expiries (of Banknifty & Finnifty) there is huge difference between the actual correct PCR and Dhan shown PCR.

Please check and help provide the correct PCR data.

Hi @pratik01,

I’ll check this out with the concerned department and get back to you soon.

1 Like

Hi @pratik01,

Thanks for bringing to our notice, we have shared the details with team to get this updated.

1 Like