Short selling equity

Can we short sell equity under CNC? Or is it only intraday on Dhan?

Hey @mortality - its always under intraday.

2 Likes

Maybe he asking about stock lending and borrowing.

no I didn’t mean borrowing. @PravinJ clarified it. Thanks!

Hello Mr. Pravin, Good Evening, At what time any Intraday Position in Dhan is automatically squared off and is there any charge for that service?

Hi @PKT, Welcome to Dhan community. Intraday orders on Dhan are squared off automatically by our systems at 3:20 PM. If users don’t square them off by themselves, in that case there is a charge of INR 20. We do send reminders to users to square off by themselves and have alerts on positions as well as home to ensure users have to square off the open positions.

I have short sell in intraday tanla platform, but due to technical issue couldn’t square off. Will dhan automatically square off it or i got Auction delivery? Beacuse in contract email i can see it shows delivery. Pleas assist.

Hi @Piyu welcome to Dhan community!

Auction will be done for the same, moreover penalty will be borne by us. Request you to drop an email at help@dhan.co once you receive the debit note.

@Poornima equity short selling is cash settled Right?

Hi @Nikhil_More

Welcome to the Dhan Communtiy

These shortages are settled by clearing corporation (NCL) either by way of delivery of shares or financial credit on T+2 working days.

In most cases, it is settled in cash you may check the settlement entry in the ledger with the name FinalBill.

1 Like