Tech & Infra Upgrade: Order Execution Time on Dhan is now up to 5 times faster than earlier

Hi @t7support how Dhan processes the orders is very different from how some of the industry peers or leaders process it.

When you place orders on Dhan, the time stamp you see is or end to end response, from initiation, rms validation, sending to exchange, execution on exchange and confirmation back to the end user sent; this earlier took about 100-120 ms on average for us which is brought down to under 30 ms. Now these are regular orders, but then there will be large orders, hedged orders, icebergs, and so on… where the response will be bit higher. And then there are just updates like order modifications, when you will see are even more faster… the video captures one at 6 ms.

What we noticed on other platforms is, they take an order from clients and send response to end user along with order id, and rms validation is done later… post success of rms validation it is sent to exchange. Rms validation error, is thrown back to the user else send to exchange for execution. What we been told by some users who are APIs users is typical response times here are 100ms.

Net net, Dhan response times now are optimised to under 30 ms for end to end response. As @AlokPandey mentioned, we have 1000+ unique API only traders… what they love about Dhan APIs (now beyond execution speed is) when Dhan gives RMS validated order id to them, its success rates on exchange for execution is 100%. v/s that on other platforms is usually 70-80% - unless one really knows all rms validations in and out.

Also other thing about Dhan is, if or any reasons (say large order is in queue ahead) the execution is delayed - then our APIs will not accept new orders momentarily in that queue before they are re-routed to another OMS. Most platforms, usually will give users the order ID and send the order in queue and eventually it will get processed.

I hope I did my best to explain this, its not that simpler and lots of nuances underneath these complex systems.

ps: don’t take my word for other platforms comments… i speak from the feedback we have from users, not my first hand experience. I would always say, please execute your trades with a broking platforms where you see your comfort.

5 Likes