Watchlist - Import / Export of Stocks List

Hello,
Requesting you to kindly add import / export feature to create or download the watchlist. (i.e. ,csv or .xls file) This feature is very helpful for user and it will add as a “Positive Experience” for “Dhan”.

Best Regards
Santosh

1 Like

Hi @Santosh.C

Welcome to the Dhan community.

Thanks for your feedback, we have noted it down. Currently the team is working on multiple features and improvements. I will surely let you know if we plan on bringing the custom watchlist feature.

I also welcome you to take a moment to introduce yourself and share your unique story with us. By doing so, you’ll have the incredible opportunity to engage with a multitude of fascinating community members who are eager to connect and learn from one another. We can’t wait to hear your story and embark on this exciting journey together! :blush:

Also, we kindly encourage you to introduce yourself by following this link: Share Your Story & Introduce Yourself.

@RahulDeshpande ,

Hello Rahul,
I am requesting here to add a feature for “Import or Export” .csv or .xls files on Watchlist. These files are nothing but NSE/BSE Indices stock lists or user specific list he/she might have created separatly to track. It will save a time if it can be done.

NB: Most of the brokers have this basic feature in their terminal so this should not be a bigger task to implement. If your develpment team create this feature, it will be of great help.

Thanking you,
Best Regards
Santosh

Can you please let me know which broker has this feature

Hello,
There are few brokers but its not appropriate to give their names here. You can also check TradingView charting software, which has got this feature.

Since, Dhan is using Trading View as charting software, I believe it is convinient to add the same feature with Dhan.

@RahulDeshpande Any updates regarding the watchlist import export? Also, there is not an option to copy paste multiple symbols with a comma at once as we can do with trading view watchlist.

1 Like

@RahulDeshpande I noticed you guys are now using -eq at the end of the equity script. I believe, if we start using this format in the watchlist instead of script discription which is currently, we should be able to import the script from the csv/excel as current format has spaces in the script description which may be not the good format for importing stocks. Can you please confirm if this is already in progress and we may see it in near future. This will really a most cutting feature for swing traders to fully leverage the Dhan Tradingview those do not want to buy TV subscription and also will help new guys in the system. Thanks for your all efforts.