Weekend Reading

Hi all,

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Starting a small segment, where I will be sharing interesting articles on markets, life, trading, investing, philosophy, pop culture and more.

Here are few interesting articles I came across this weekend:

Looking forward to your recommendations as well, please feel free to drop in here the links any interesting read you come across and help the community grow together!

3 Likes

Weekend Reading:

17th June - 18th June 2023:

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Few of the important articles, blogs and newsletter that I came across this week:

Satellites helps you understand how a business is doing

How Complex System Fails

This is particularly interesting because the writer has written this keeping the doctors and healthcare professionals in mind but the lessons can be applied universally.

The Chinese Businessman Paradox

Do share across any particular interesting read you came across this weekend. Feel free to share of any genre.

3 Likes

Ikagi, atomic habit - Quite off topic but really good to read

Welcome to the Dhan community, Suraj!

Quite interesting suggestions : Ikigai and Atomic habits have helped me on personal front as well.

I also recommend you to get to know our users here: Share your story, Introduce yourself 👋 and share about yourself as well.

Looking forward to your contributions to the Dhan community.

Been away for a while.

But came across some really articles and newsletter these past days that I believe will be might of interest to you all.

1. The origins of HDFC bank & the person that was instrumental in building it: Deepak Parekh
    It’s a masterclass on management, by learning about the origins of the HDFC Bank. This small article sheds some light on the initial days: Revisiting the story of HDFC Bank.

Since today is the day when a parent (HDFC) finds solace in the arms of its child (HDFC Bank), and yesterday came the announcement of Deepak Parekh stepping down from his role as Chairman, I went down a rabbit hole that led me to some really insightful and inspiring aspects of his leadership style until now.

Imagine building a group with a market cap of $280B while owning a very minuscule part of it. This sheds light on the character of the person and his dedication to his work.

Here are some good articles on Deepak Parekh:

You can also watch a YouTube video titled Why the Parekhs Built HDFC but Didn’t Own It.

1. Where does the wealth go when asset prices go down?

We have often came across this articles : the total market cap of NIFTY or SAP500 loses $20Billion or $1Trillion respectively. But the main question that comes across is where does the wealth actually goes.

Here’s a simple explainer on how does wealth works, and where does it go when the prices go down.

1. How to do Great Work

Paul Graham, a venture capitalist, has played an instrumental role in building top companies like Airbnb and many others. His essays and articles are eagerly read by startup enthusiasts, and as a dedicated startup aficionado, I diligently follow his work. Recently, he released a remarkable article on a simple yet essential topic: “How to Do Great Work.”

It’s a food for a thought for all the professions, and i am sure it has lessons for Traders and Investors like us. Read here: How to do Great Work.

Looking forward to hearing from you as well.

1 Like