Good-bye Dhan (Slow poison)!

I came here with a lot of hope but today I totally broken down. I think DHAN is a slow poison for long term investor. Dhan totally frustrated me . It’s DPC Slowly dying me. Generally I do not trade regularly. whenever I trade I see DPC. I contacted to the customer care about this and maintain healthy balance but after that DPC is charged. So now no comments and no complain. Only exit from Dhan.
Thanking you
Soma Choudhury

Hi Soma,

Hope your call with our Customer Service team has clarified the doubts. We have mentioned about all Dhan charges on our website (Pricing & Detailed Brokerage Charges | Dhan). We have explained the rationale and details about DPC on our community - Important Update: On Margins, Usage of Broker Funds, and Interest Charges.

Feel free to reach out to help@dhan.co for any further queries.

Regards,
Jay K.
Head - Customer Support

Hi @CCCB70625

Just wanted to ensure I respond to you, while @JayK already has.

Our systems are designed for users to trade at all times. They way margins are used and settled is part of exchange settlement norms that we as a a stock broking platform has to adhere too. When for any position that is taken - as a broker we have to ensure availability of funds, if client funds are missing then broker funds gets utilised to ensure that require margin norms are met with the exchanges for the positions. DPC charges or interest charges are applicable only on such circumstances, and we transparently process them as applicable.

If you want specific explanation for utilisation of funds & margins, our team will ensure we provide you that. Just want to convey that we operate super transparently on these, we know some platforms may mix this with some other charges, or settlement or others, we state things as is basis.

I hope you would reconsider your decision and continue with your journey with us on Dhan. Thank you.

1 Like

Actually I do not want do any comments or complain but as a part of respect I would say that
My journey with Dhan just 176 days but my journey with Zerodha was from 2018 to 15th March ,2022.
I have never seen this scenario before in Zerodha.
I thought new journey with Dhan will be much better than Zerodha. And actually it was better than till previous month. It doesn’t mean that I am going to Zerodha. I want to spend more time with Dhan if possible. My heart is broken. I am disappointed. Thanks

1 Like

@CCCB70625 Bhai DPC charges is there in all brokers , i am also trading in zerodha - when ever i have debit balance they will put DPC charges - its common in all broker

I have been charged twice for DP Transaction charges. Sold one script at same price in same day. ( Sold at 144.55 the whole quantity) Customer care executive are giving excuses that it was partially sold so it is charged twice. But I explained them that the whole quantity was sold at the given price at one go, but they are just repeating the same thing. It is just not about 14 Rupees, but the right charges. I have never been charged twice for DP transaction charges, as I am trading since last 20 years.
So now I am worried about my future transactions Charges.

Please check your contract note thoroughly.

Hi @Raj.7 That shouldn’t be the case. Please share your details with us and will have this checked.

Hi @Raj.7, I apologize for any confusion caused. Based on our discussion, the quantities of the parts were divided into regular and BTST. Therefore, separate payments were made, one during the initial trade execution and another in the afternoon batch when we received the buy quantity from the previous day.

Hope this clarifies.