Introducing Margin Trading Facility (MTF) on Dhan: Now Trade with Less ๐Ÿ’ฐ

Hey @encore ,

Request you to please DM us your details or send an email to help@dhan.co marking me in cc . My email ID is pranita.joshi@dhan.co. We will check and revert.

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan

@Pranita the issue seems to have resolved itself after 1 day of holding them in my demat. Hope it doesnโ€™t repeat. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your support.

Hey @The_Waker ,

Happy to share that Forever orders with OCO are now available for MTF & Equity. Read more here - Now Live: Forever Orders with OCO (for MTF & Equity)

@Pranita I want to convert my MTF holdings to Delivery. I clicked the button to do so in the app but there is no ETA shown, not any confirmation was intimated. How much time it takes?

Hey @encore ,

MTF Positions will be converted to Delivery by the next day post all necessary checks by our RMS. There is a message conveying this on the app as well.

Thanks,
Pranita

I face issue during pledge my MTF shares in DHAN. So i could not pledge the shares before 9PM. What will happen now on next day?

Hey @bdeepan6 ,

If your pledge was unsuccessful, the shares will get converted to delivery and get sold within 5 days incase of insufficient margins. What was the issue that you faced while pledging ?

Thanks,
Pranita

Thanks for your support,
First time I recieved OTP, when entered and submit, but page didnโ€™t move to the next steps.

Again after few minutes do authentication through dhan page, there is no response. CDSL page didnโ€™t loaded. I repeated the same step again and again,but failed.

Hello @PravinJ & @Pranita You advertised BTST transactions As MTF is interest-free, Iโ€™ll always do BTST, but I also get charged for it. Would you please provide your opinion on this?

Hi @Ravi.t when MTF was introduced - Settlement time was T+2, and now it is T+1. MTF on Dhan was interest free till settlement, think it is same even now. We do not charge for the first day, moving ahead when the settlement cycle is same day - this benefit will go.

Do check the narration for the entry, it mentions Interest from 1 Sept to 7 Sept.

1 Like

Understood, thanks @PravinJ for enlightening me.

Does dhan charge any interest on 50:50 split of cash equivalent margin and collateral margin that is used in fno segment and for mtf ?

Hey @Sarthakk9 ,

For intraday equity or option buying, there is no requirement of 50-50 margins. However in case of intraday futures or option selling & CNC trades, 50-50 margins will be required. Interest will be charged if these margins are not maintained.

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan

what is your reason to cap 35 lakhs for mtf? other are giving more tan 1 cr. any specific reason for that? because as the ease of using the platform i dont want to move to other broker but your actions sometimes force me to do this.

Hey @Saurabh88 ,

This is as per our risk policies to avoid single client concentration. You could use any other family accounts if you would like to place MTF trades worth higher amounts.

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan

Hi,

Request you to please keep a tab on the community, we will be communicating about our MFs soon.

Hi can i directly buy stocks in MTF using TradingView Charts?

Hi @KevinMomentum,

At this moment you can place MTF order through Dhan & Option Trader App, Web and API. These are not available over TradingView.

Hi, I have few questions regarding MTF. First, with square off thing:
Here (Under What Circumstances will My MTF Holdings be Liquidated by RMS? : .), itโ€™s mentioned that
โ€œMTF holdings can be liquidated:
2. When required margins are not being maintained
3. MTM Coverage has fallen below 20%โ€

Please help me explain on specifically the 2nd point - as a trader, I need to pay 25% to place a MTF order (& rest 75% is paid by Dhan, on which I would be charged interest). Now, how can my margin go low - I have already paid 25% & would be paying interest too.

Hey @curious_trader ,

This means that you will need to maintain the required margin of 25% even when there are any price movements in the stock.

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan