Introducing: Pledge Shares for Margin Benefit

Hello Sir
Its same experience BUT,
they are not charging Interest on 50% cash requirement as charged by Dhan.
So, its the total different experience in terms of Return on Capital.

1 Like

Hi @abhayverma071

Noted, every platform may have some thing better or less, if it is about better experience - we will always take a note of all suggestions & feedback. However we never make or change our pricing decisions based on other platforms. We focus on giving an incredible investing & trading experience to our users, and our pricing is always benchmarked with industry leaders.

Yes Sir, only request is to Consider Bharat bond etf as a Cash equivalent.
Rest is awesome.

@abhayverma071 Bhai , Bharath bond will be a non- cash component bhai , it is not cash component - I am using in zerodha also it’s non- cash component , if any broker is treating cash component it’s against Sebi rules

Hi
Please clarify on below query.
if there are losses on collateral margin taken on pledged shares, and there is no cash added for filling the losses gap , we cannot unpledge even partial shares for qty and amount equal to losses.
can we request dhan team to sell off the pledged shares for amount equal to loss value in case we do not want to add more money and balance credit to trading account.

We hope this situation doesn’t arise. However, in case it does, that is exactly what we do - sell shares to the extent of debit only.

Regards,
Dhan Customer Care

when this is trigger to Dhan…

Is the requirement for 50% cash is applicable for intraday equity trades?
Can I use 100% collateral from pledged shares for the intraday equity trades and keep cash only to cover MTM loss?

Hi @sandeep.kr ,

Starting July 2022, requirement of 50% cash is applicable for intraday equity trades as well.

Thanks,
Pranita

Hi @Gangavarapu,

DPC will be applicable on FNO Intraday trades as well.

We have written more about this here Important Update: On Margins, Usage of Broker Funds, and Interest Charges

Regards,
Poornima

1 Like

One doubt. Whether i can stock/ index future using this facility with maintain margine for long term i.e. 2/3 month period, please answer me fast. I will shift all my portfolio with you

Hi @Sgsamak, Welcome to Dhan community.

Not sure if we correctly understood your query. In case you are asking if you can trade in stocks / index futures using the margin benefit you get from pledged shares - answer to that is yes. You can as long as the margin obligations are met.

Thank you

Got it. Thanks for prompt answer.:+1:

Thanks @Poornima for the detailed explaination.
A small doubt, for Intraday FnO positions, you will be charging interest on the amount, which I cannot bring in for 50% cash requirement.
Now apart from the interest that you will charge, will there be any other additional charges/penalty/fees?

1 Like

Hi @Saurabh,

Only interest will be applicable in the case of DPC. Feel free to connect with us at 022 4890 6273 or help@dhan.co for any queries.

2 Likes

@Poornima
I am attaching 2 different screenshots, can you please explain why different haircut % in the same scrip

Hi @HIR,

Thanks for highlighting, we are getting this checked.

Hi @HIR,

It will be more helpful if you could provide us the details from where you are comparing the haircut. Kindly share the same at help@dhan.co our team will have this checked.

@Poornima
I have compared Combined Margin Statement - Trade Dt Nov 25 2022 Ref No.:(5752356) with dhan app

Hi @HIR,

We would request you to drop us an email at help@dhan.co with your details, we will have this checked.