New Feature Announcement: Smart Fund Transfer on Dhan

We just made transferring high value funds from your Bank Account to your Trading Account on Dhan a lot simpler and fast.

Introducing Smart Transfer :rocket:

Starting today, you can transfer up to INR 99,99,999 (99 Lacs) from your bank account to your trading account via IMPS / NEFT / RTGS on Dhan. And this is at no additional charges, completely free!

How does this work?
Every user who has a registered trading and demat account on Dhan, we have enabled a dedicated bank account that you can add to the list of beneficiaries (we would recommend you to add us as Payee in your bank app for easier access in future) on your Bank Account that is verified by Dhan.

Once added, you can transfer funds directly via either IMPS / NEFT / RTGS - but yet, if you ask us - we will tell you to do IMPS because it is instant; while NEFT & RTGS will take the usual settlement time and cycle that your bank follows.

Also remember that, you can transfer funds only from the bank account that is linked and verified on Dhan. In case you (by mistake) transfer funds from another bank, the transaction will be rejected and will take a few days to reflect back in your bank account.

You will be able to view details of Smart Transfer while adding funds on Dhan or in the β€œBanks” section. This feature will be enabled on both - web & app (please update the app if not already).

Now enjoy the lightning fast investing & trading on Dhan even more!

-Anirudha
Product Team @ Dhan

4 Likes

Isnt it LIVE yet on WEB?

See the Green Button still disabled

how to do it? cn giv steps?

Hi,
This will be available on web by tomorrow. :grinning:

1 Like

how it work? plz help…

Hi @mental_manja, we understand your concern. We realize the communication could be better. This should be fixed by tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I still [5th Dec 2021] do not see a smart or NEFT transfer option to add money into my accont. Could you please update on this?

Hi,
Welcome the Dhan community! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Can you please update the app and check again please ?

1 Like

It works now. Thanks for quick response.

Sir, can I do NEFT/RTGS on bank details provided through offline mode i.e. by filling the NEFT/RTGS slip? Will funds be safely transferred to my Dhan account? Please revert ASAP.
Thank You.

Hi @Saurabh7

Welcome to Dhan community.

Yes, that will work as long as you are transferring funds from your verified Bank account on Dhan.

1 Like

Hello @PravinJ @Anirudha on each transfer is 18% GST applicable or not?

Also, I have added 2 bank accounts in my Dhan app. I can do IMPS from any of the accounts, correct? (Or do I need to use only primary listed account?)

Hi @pratik01

No charges on transferring money to Dhan by any method - Smart Transfer, Netbanking or UPI. So no taxes applicable.

Yes, you can do IMPS from any of the approved accounts.

1 Like

My fund transfer always cancel. After 2-3 times it is accepting the fund and through net banking. UPI payment is failed all the time. Please make it smooth transfer. In market hour if someone try to transfer fund it should be quick and smooth. Please look into this.

I am trying to add the dhan account details in kotak netbanking and its asking the Dhan bank account is Savings or Current account. What should I opt? Savings or Current?

Responded to your query here:

Hi team,

We can transfer funds upto Rs. 99,999,99/- in a single transaction.

I’m trying to add my virtual bank account assigned by Dhan as a beneficiary to my source Bank (SBI).

The max transfer limit is set to Rs. 10 Lakhs by default in my source Bank.

Kindly help! @PravinJ @Anirudha @RahulDeshpande

1 Like

Source bank limit can be set by you or source bank only.

Hi @pratik01 ,

Like our community member @t7support has mentioned, 10L limit is a limitation on SBI.

Some private banks may have a higher limit.

1 Like

No idea. Need to visit my bank. Will write them a written concent and application to increase my neft/imps limit. Will also provide them a valid reason (Trading purposes). Will change bank if not approved.