New Features on Options Trader on Web with Strategy Builder!

Hi @dexter,

This is the first version of option trader web. Thank you for your suggestions, we will try and incorporate them in our upcoming versions.

1 Like

Hi @nnJhavarePatil,

Currently, you will have to create new basket as our platform is designed in the same manner. Thanks for highlighting, we are getting (2) and (3) concern checked.

For live prices, you can always click on the check box in the price section (for market price) or you can reset price (which will capture LTP). Have attached video for your reference.

Noted your feedback for (Prob. of Profit %, Max. Profit %, Max. Loss %, Total PNL, Net Credit).

Prices

1 Like

ताई, current price च्या issue वर मी कालच एक मेल help@dhan.co ह्या मेल आयडी वर पाठवला आहे.
कृपया तो एकदा बघा.

Hi @nnJhavarePatil,

Just to add, we have identified the root cause for the (2) & (3) concern the same will be fixed in our next release. Thanks for highlighting

1 Like

I don’t know why you suddenly reply like a saint :slight_smile: … I remember you saying that Sensibul rejected your request to be integrated with your platform because you were not popular back then… But now you guys are doing a tremendous job to the users of your platform and have made your presence felt.

The alternative to Sensibul is what is going to take you next level. All the best for the future and keep up your good work in building the platform to serve the needs of the users.

3 Likes

Good to see you back after a while @Vignesh_N. Thanks for your kind words. Yes, we have requested them for integration and they had other priorities back then.

We build what our users ask, and this was asked repeatedly and we had already hit a wall. Had no option, but to build one ourself. Sensibull as a platform is good, they have lots of learnings as well - and if they want to integrate, we will be super happy to do so.

6 Likes

Hi @PravinJ
Hope you’re well!

I just started using Dhan’s option builder web
One feature sorely missing is the ability to analyse existing positions in strategy builder to understand how the P&L will look like.

Sensibull has this feature:

1. One click addition of existing legs of a particular index/stock to strategy builder.
  2. Ability to check/uncheck certain legs of existing position during P&L simulation
  3. Option to view P&L on various dates (View P&L from today to nearest expiry (if positions of multiple expiries have been added)
  4. Option to add new legs to the existing positions and view P&L simulation
  5. View Greeks for the overall position.
2 Likes

I asked it earlier but again asking and without which the option trading is incomplete. You have provided way to enter into strategies with built-in strategies and also custom made ones.
However, the activity doesnt end there, once the user enters into strategy, specially straddles/strangles, they have to manage the position by doing adjustment trades. This gets more critical when there is overnight positions and the whole strategy has multiple adjustments which could have been done in the previous days.
Let me know how to handle the above.

BTW, this can be handled in Sensibull through their virtual trade option.
(Not sure about the live trade)

Hi @som079, largely the features you are requesting is to manage your existing positions over strategy builder. It’s on our list of things to do. For now we are ensure the current version of Strategy Builder is seamless and making changes to improve usability. More updates will follow.

Oki
Good to know!

Also, in option trader show Nifty price at top left corner (similar to Dhan web)

These small things make big difference in convenience when regularly using the website.!

Hi @PravinJ,
can you pls add this minor UI improvements as well…

Need to show bid-ask spread when looking at pending orders in order window.
Desperately needed feature!

When executing a trade in strategy builder, it would be helpful to have anotehr popup window which shows the orders, their status, and bid/ask spread.
Similar to sensibuoll’s window.

1 Like

Hi @som079 ,

Thank you and taking the time to share with us your valuable suggestion related to order placement.

We will surely consider your feedback to enhance this feature.

Bug in Strategy Builder!
@Divyesh
@PravinJ

Issue #1-> When exiting a long + short position at market, Dhan web is sometimes trying to exit the long pos first, and that order fails as the long is considered a hedge position.

Kindly ensure that short positions are exited first & longs after that.

Issue #2 → Order type was supposed to be intraday
But out of two legs, one leg executed as intra-day and 2nd leg is executed as Normal
Kindly check!

01-02-2023 10_46_41-Window

1 Like

Another bug in dhan web
Txn calculator not working.
Screenshot below

Hi @som079

It seems your page is not refresh, we request you to kindly check now.

As replicate its working below you can check

@som079 also kindly share with us the details at help@dhan.co so we can look into your case regarding order placing in strategy builder.

One more thing.
Every time I switch to another browser window and come back to Dhan web, it changes the ordering of the positions.

They’re not arranged by name.

THen again I have to do it manually everytime.

Similarly, if I use the option to “position by group”, that only stays for sometime.
When I switch to other tabs for a long time (more than 15-20min), then the positions are again shown in random order.

I have to manually click on the ordering every single time!

This also happens if I go from positions page to orders page or money page etc and then come back to positions page!

Hi
@Divyesh

@PravinJ

Dhan web - Positions page
Flickering in the entire page from today.
The change % column keeps showing different values.

Kindly fix it. Very annoying, and a very basic requirement.!

Watch attached video for details.

Hi @som079

We need to have this checked, Do help us with your details at help@dhan.co or you can also DM the same.