Introducing Forever Orders (with OCO) on Sell Side

Hi @PravinJ , Thank you for reverting back so promptly. Really appreciate the transparency with which you explained the challenges. I shall await the implementation of the feature and others. In the meanwhile let me thank you for the platform you are building. I am gravitating towards it for my one stop of source of trading as I discover more about it , the ease of use and other features , market news , technical data and others.

@PravinJ if we could also get Bracket Order for swing trading that will be beneficial, this is most important important requirement for swing trader, with bracket order we can place desired Entry, Exit and SL for swing trades and wait for execution. I request you implement this feature Bracket Order for swing trades
Thanks

Hello Team,

I’m trying to place the order with stoploss lessthan the Dhan stoploss recommending. Which is good for me as per my strategy.

But reducing risk and placing bracket order is my choice with risk planned.

Why is this condition implemented in Dhan?
If possible, kindly disable this option for bracket orders.

Hi @iyapaa,

Thanks for highlighting, we are getting this checked.

1 Like

Hi @iyapaa,

• The lower limit of the Stop Loss is calculated as 0.25% of LTP (223.30 * 0.25% = 0.558, which is ~0.6).
  • And the upper limit of the stop loss is calculated as
    • The leverage for Intra-day is 5x for this stock meaning, you can buy 1 qty of this stock for 223.3/5 = 44.66 in Intra-day (BO order is always Intra-day)
    • The stop loss is kept at 80% of the buy price, which is 44.66 * 80% = 35.728 (minor variation as per live price fluctuation)

Hope this helps.

Hello @Simran ,

Thanks for the clarification.

But even if the LTP goes to 220 or 224.85 also I can’t place the stoploss order below 0.55.
which is not coming under my trade plan for stoploss.

I’m facing this issue in other stocks too.

I don’t know how to trade in @Dhan with my trading plan for bracket order.
Kindly help me on this or suggest alternate a workaround or fix it from @Dhan side.

**NOTE: **

1. Don’t advise me to change the stoploss. It is against my trade plan of my strategy.
  2. Don’t advise me to place separate orders for buy and sell (target or stoploss).
1 Like

Hi @iyapaa

This is as per our RMS policy. We have noted your feedback.

Sell Side forever possible if we provide POA. If we have many orders in line then it’s become hard to authenticate every time.

1 Like

So for sell side forever order,we need to add the scrip in watch list and do selling.
With current feature we cannot do it from position??

Hi @Nivetha

We have address your query here.

Further, we have your feedback to place it from the position tab.

U mean we need to buy a stock/option and after which we can sell it through forever order by putting sl and target?

I am buying an nifty option as intraday order and after which particular option will be in my position,can sell the option as forever?
Does forever support Intraday??

Hi @Nivetha,

OCO is available currently for F&O Normal orders. We have your feedback on this feature to include Intra-day as well.

Post DDPI launch, we will build this feature for Equity as well.

For real-time help, feel free to reach out to us on 022-48906273 or Live Chat directly from the app.

By when can we expect DDPI Launch?

Hi @Satyam,

DDPI is already in Beta phase with a few users. Very soon will be released for all users.

Post this, we will build Foreover Sell with DDPI and announce when we are ready.

1 Like

I think it live now

1 Like

are oco order also for option buying ?
i m trying to place a BUY order but target and stop loss doent take as for buy order.
example i want to buy 41500 current price is 450. placing oco target 500 and stopl loss 400 doesnt not work. instead it ask to keeo target 400 and stoploss 500 how ?

Hi @YUVRAJSINH,

Forever OCO is used to place the Target and/or Stop loss for your open position. Here, the limit order refers to Target & Trigger order refers to Stop loss.

In the above screenshot shared, the buy order is considered for a short sell position wherein you need to place a target below the market and stop loss above the market.

We have introduced BO for options by which you can place First leg + Target & SL.

very complicated lang you replied . how is oco for open position ? than how can it be forever order ?? how in world buy order is considered as sell ?

Hi @YUVRAJSINH ,

We tried reaching you on your registered mobile number but the same went not reachable.

Request you to help us at your convenient time so we can connect with you to address your query or else you may email us at help@dhan.co