Introducing: Pre-Set Order Size / Lots for Fast Order Placement on Dhan

Hi Super Traders on Dhan,

As we always say, Dhan is “Made For Trade”. When we build new features or products, we always keep Super Traders and their needs in mind. We continue to evaluate every feature request and suggestions that we get on the basis of the value it will bring to traders.

Dhan gives Traders & Investors the features, offerings, tools and capabilities that they need to succeed. Whether you’re a seasoned trader or in the process of becoming one, we have everything you need, to identify trading opportunities, place trades with minimal effort, execute at lightning fast speeds and track your positions as well as managing them better.

Trading is subjective. Each trader has a unique trading style and strategy. While building products we wanted to make sure that traders on Dhan get personalised experience and also are able to manage their Risk effectively. Keeping the same in mind we introduced Trader’s Controls and have continued to enhance them from the day we launched. Continuing with our efforts to make Dhan better everyday, today we are introducing pre-set Order Size & Personal Preferences on Dhan in Trader’s Controls.

Now Place Orders Faster on Dhan with pre-set Order Size / Lots & Personal Preferences.

Order Placement on Dhan is already very quick and instant, and we have continued to invest in our technology infrastructure to ensure we make Dhan even faster for you.

The primary inputs that any Trader needs to enter while placing orders are - Quantity, Order Type and Product Type. While we have enhanced this experience a lot, for Quantity or Lots we have tried to solve very little until now.

With our latest update, you will now be able to save the default order quantity / lot size for trading and specific to each Option Contract on Indices, Stocks, Currency & Commodities. Simply put, going forward when you open the order-placement window, your order quantity / lot size will be pre-filled to what you have set.

With Pre-Set quantity (lot size) we have made available the feature to all tradeable F&O indices in options, like NIFTY50, BANK NIFTY, FINNIFTY, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Gold, Silver, USD-INR contracts and may extend the same in future to more. To save your order quantity preference, go to Trader’s Control > Select “My Order Preferences” > Tap on the desired instrument > Input default quantity.

You can save three types of preferences :

• Default Order Quantity / Lot: Every time you open the order window, this quantity will be pre-filled.
  • Max Order Quantity / Lot: Whenever you exceed the max order quantity, the system will nudge with a toast.
  • Bracket Order Price: This is not a quantity preference. This is the default change in price of Target & Stop Loss with the entry price for Bracket Order.

More importantly, we sync these requirements across all Dhan platforms - Dhan (app and web) and Options Trader (app and web). Once set, you will have to logout and login across respective platforms for these to be available.

We hope these cool and additional features now will make your trading experience on Dhan even more better than before. As always, let us know your feedback about the new features and the experience.

Happy Trading
Naman

12 Likes

Great. I was looking out for a feature like this. Will save time for manual trading.

@Naman here is the first review

• To apply the preferences it prompts us to relogin. We have to go through the full login process - number, password, otp once we click on the re login option. It doesn’t take note of the biometric login process already set. Infact it asks to enable the biometric login again. I think it would be technically possible to just click on We have to go through the full login process - number, password, otp once we click on the re login option. It doesn’t take note of the biometric login process already set. Infact it asks to enable the biometric login again. I think it would be technically possible to just click on the Apply preferences and save the settings on the server. We don’t have to go through the whole login process ignoring the biometric settings like we have to do now. the Apply preferences and save the settings on the server. We don’t have to go through the whole login process ignoring the biometric settings like we have to do now.

• I think either of the Apply / Save button should suffice. Am not sure why we need both.

• It would be nice if you can add the option to select Intraday / Normal by default here as well.

• Add SENSEX too

1 Like

This is a welcome feature for scalpers, though this can be further improved by adding option to preset % usage of available margin for trading and prefilling number of lots/quantity based on that, which would be even more useful for faster trade execution as the number of lots/quantity will still often need to be adjusted with rise & fall of options prices.

1 Like

Instead of hard typed lot quantity can you not make it to invest with persentage of capital? If I have 100k capital and I want to invest 40k in every trade then let it select maximum lot based on 40 % selector! So whichever strike price I choose it will invest only 40k !

I am doing same with api and python coding but if you make it default in app then it will be more useful!!

1 Like

Hi @morakhiyasaiyam We have seen users have specific lot sizes and this feature is built on the insight that is most prominently used. We tried that, it doesn’t work for most of the users; may be we will think of an alternate approach for that.

2 Likes

Ok then give two options to trader ! If they want hard typed quantity then grayout percentage option and vice a versa!!

1 Like

Thanks for providing amazing features day by day,

I would like to suggest an option for Cash/ MTF position size calculator inside of order window where Trader will put entry price and Stoploss price or risk per share in points and fill risk per trade so system should calculate Quality and fill it in order window.

Suppose someone wants to take risk per trade 1000/- it will fix from settings one time, then at the time of oder placement there will be a position size calculator where Trader will put entry price Stoploss price so system will calculate the Qty and fill it in oder window.

You can also improve it in many ways.

It will easy to calculate position size and will help to save time.

Thanks,
Yogesh Singh

1 Like

@Naman @PravinJ

All my order settings seems to have gone now. It’s been reset. Any idea why this happened. I didn’t click the reset option. Order quantity was populating well yesterday in order form as per the settings.

Same issue at my end as well. Dhan app is not able to retain the saved preferences. :thinking:

@PravinJ @Dhan_Help @Naman

This feature is not working. What is being set is getting reset after EOD. Please fix this.

Please extend this feature to options trader platform also. That would be very helpful for scalpers while buying/selling options directly from options chain. Please check the feasibility of this and apply/implement if possible. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @t7support @Market_Wizard,

We are having this checked, and will get back to you with an update soon.

Hi @t7support @Market_Wizard,

Thankyou for higlighting, we will fix this in the next build.

Thanks @Sameet. Hopefully Soon :pray:

Hi @LeelaKrishna95

Welcome to the Dhan community

This feature will be updated in our option trader app in the upcoming version.

Pls fix the noted bug and deploy since that build has not been released yet.

Please kindly include this feature for BSE SENSEX and BANEX also ASAP

Thanks heaps

Hi @Subra Good to see you back on community after a while. Yes, we will explore adding same for SENSEX. BANKEX volumes are yet to pick up, we see limited trading on it, continue to monitor this.